Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Better Call Saul

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I enjoyed it. It had that lightness that early Breaking Bad had before every episode seemed to feature an unhappy Jesse bawling his eyes out.

The reveal at the end was cool, Saul remains a brilliant character, very promising.

Second episode tonight.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So do I need to have watched all of Breaking Bad to make this series worth watching ? I started season 1 of BB but lost interest a little and never went back to it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So do I need to have watched all of Breaking Bad to make this series worth watching ? I started season 1 of BB but lost interest a little and never went back to it.

It's a prequel so you'd assume not but then two very prominent characters were in the first episode (Mike and Tuco) so perhaps you will. To be honest I watched it last night and thought it was ok but nothing that amazing.....however it was the first episode and BB took 2 seasons to REALLY get going.

I completely agree with you about season 1. I watched it and thought "Meh it's watchable but I dunno what all the fuss is about". By the end of the second season I was starting to really get in to it. 3rd series is possibly the best television I've ever watched. By then you just need to know how it all ends so will watch the last two seasons anyway.

Last edited:

Albion Pearl Jammer

Jan 4, 2015
Eastbourne

I had to watch the 1st 7 odd episodes about 3-4 times of The Sopranos before I got into it, but when I did I had no life for a long time and it is now in my top 5 TV ever. TRY AGAIN

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
It's a prequel so you'd assume not but then two very prominent characters were in the first episode (Mike and Tuco) so perhaps you will. To be honest I watched it last night and thought it was ok but nothing that amazing.....however it was the first episode and BB took 2 seasons to REALLY get going.

I completely agree with you about season 1. I watched it and thought "Meh it's watchable but I dunno what all the fuss is about". By the end of the second season I was starting to really get in to it. 3rd series is possibly the best television I've ever watched. By then you just need to know how it all ends so will watch the last two seasons anyway.

I loved tuco.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Thanks. I'll definately be giving it another go.

Almost certainly !

I had to watch the 1st 7 odd episodes about 3-4 times of The Sopranos before I got into it, but when I did I had no life for a long time and it is now in my top 5 TV ever. TRY AGAIN

Ok, ok, I get the hint. I'll have another go.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just finished watching the third episode. Some interesting plot development but still a slow burner for me - not become 'must see' TV yet. But I did enjoy the ongoing sub-plot with the guy in charge of the parking lot.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just finished watching the third episode. Some interesting plot development but still a slow burner for me - not become 'must see' TV yet. But I did enjoy the ongoing sub-plot with the guy in charge of the parking lot.

Opposite for me, not a slow burner at all. Gripped within the first 15 minutes of episode 1. I have high hopes of this being as good as BB.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Ready to watch Episode 3 tonight.

First two episodes were a solid 7/10 for me.
It's still very early in and I'm sure it'll get better mid-season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here