who starts next game

• stockdale

Votes: 54 25.6%
  • walton

Votes: 157 74.4%

• Total voters

albionite

May 20, 2009
Was starting to come round to the fact that stockdale was ok , not great but good enough a keeper to keep us up.
Now not so sure ,another poor game by him and still hasn't convinced me he is anywhere near good enough the money we paid for him.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I may have been referring to your ridiculous previous post and resorting to pathetic comments like that

were you? You need to make yourself clear. I would have thought you would have learnt that especially as you have been a member since 2004 (apparently)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What most have said about the Blackpool goal was that it was obvious where O Hara would put the ball from their right wing with a left footer March or JFC. would have done the same. Well executed but obvious.

Correct. Because every free kick taker ALWAYS goes for the far corner.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
were you? You need to make yourself clear. I would have thought you would have learnt that especially as you have been a member since 2004 (apparently)

I would have thought quoting that post made it clear but maybe I should have written what you said again too.

The reference of being a member since 2004 was aimed at you suggesting I didn't go to games and also your bizarre comment that standing up for a player means I'm their missus!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Im sorry but Stockade appears to have been taking lessons from Casper. He was shocking today and appears unable to come off his line or to judge shots from distance properly. Walton cannot be worse though I am worried what a couple of mistakes may do to his confidence and future career.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I would have thought quoting that post made it clear but maybe I should have written what you said again too.

The reference of being a member since 2004 was aimed at you suggesting I didn't go to games and also your bizarre comment that standing up for a player means I'm their missus!

just for reference....I was going long before 2004.........I was questioning your blinkered view of Stockdale and saying he hasn't made mistakes when clearly he has.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
just for reference....I was going long before 2004.........I was questioning your blinkered view of Stockdale and saying he hasn't made mistakes when clearly he has.

I was going long before then too despite growing up in London where everyone supports Arsenal, Tottenham, Man U etc.

I don't think I'm blinkered. To me, Stockdale has been one of our best players in the last three months and he's getting very unfair stick from many, including you. As I said, resorting to comments like are you his missus suggests you've run out of logical arguments

albionite

May 20, 2009
I was going long before then too despite growing up in London where everyone supports Arsenal, Tottenham, Man U etc.

I don't think I'm blinkered. To me, Stockdale has been one of our best players in the last three months and he's getting very unfair stick from many, including you. As I said, resorting to comments like are you his missus suggests you've run out of logical arguments
Rubbish , he has got better but no where near good enough for a £1m worth goalkeeper.
A few good saves where I thought he was turning a corner but as one of the best players a long way from the mark.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Rubbish , he has got better but no where near good enough for a £1m worth goalkeeper.
A few good saves where I thought he was turning a corner but as one of the best players a long way from the mark.

Complete rubbish. One of our best players in the last three months. Sadly, there seem to be a lot of people waiting to slag him off after one mistake. As I said earlier in the thread, a sad reflection on our fans

albionite

May 20, 2009
Complete rubbish. One of our best players in the last three months. Sadly, there seem to be a lot of people waiting to slag him off after one mistake. As I said earlier in the thread, a sad reflection on our fans

One mistake, really? I don't believe our back four have confidence in him. He has cost us 6 points last 2 games and many points before that.
regardless of his small improvement over last couple of months( not including last 2 games) do you think he is a £1m goalkeeper?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
One mistake, really? I don't believe our back four have confidence in him. He has cost us 6 points last 2 games and many points before that.
regardless of his small improvement over last couple of months( not including last 2 games) do you think he is a £1m goalkeeper?

Yes, really. He has done really well over the last couple of months. He's made one mistake in that time and even that he would probably not have got to anyway. The Blackpool goal wasn't his fault, and even if you're blinkered anti Stockdale view thought it was, 6 points is a joke as it was 0-0 at that point.

Sadly there seems to be an anti Stockdale agenda from some on here who want him to fail and give him no credit when he does well. I believe in fairness which is why I've put my views forward on this thread. I don't believe some of our more vocal 'fans' have been fair to him. And yes, I do think he is doing a good job for us and will be great value for the £1 million we paid for him if we stick by him rather than slagging him off.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Has to be Walton, quite amazing that Stockers is seen as good replacement for Tommy K, let alone one that cost £1 million.

Horror show today and I still can't quite understand anyone who doesn't blame him for the Blackpool defeat -Shocking keeping

If he spent more time worrying about his keeping and less time on his prematch hugs he may actually start deserving his wages

albionite

May 20, 2009
G
Yes, really. He has done really well over the last couple of months. He's made one mistake in that time and even that he would probably not have got to anyway. The Blackpool goal wasn't his fault, and even if you're blinkered anti Stockdale view thought it was, 6 points is a joke as it was 0-0 at that point.

Sadly there seems to be an anti Stockdale agenda from some on here who want him to fail and give him no credit when he does well. I believe in fairness which is why I've put my views forward on this thread. I don't believe some of our more vocal 'fans' have been fair to him. And yes, I do think he is doing a good job for us and will be great value for the £1 million we paid for him if we stick by him rather than slagging him off.

All I can say is I hope you are right.
No I don't want any Albion player to fail and when I have negative views on them I hope they prove me wrong. I still want stockdale to be a success,but from what I've seen he is not a £1m worth goalkeeper.
Forest are a really poor team and there for the taking. His poor goalkeeping cost us.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Give it up. You're in a minority thinking that he's been decent. Accept that people are allowed their opinion and it doesn't make them non-fans.

NSC doesn't pick the team, so it really doesn't matter if I and loads of others think he's a turd keeper.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Give it up. You're in a minority thinking that he's been decent. Accept that people are allowed their opinion and it doesn't make them non-fans.

NSC doesn't pick the team, so it really doesn't matter if I and loads of others think he's a turd keeper.

The fact that you say "turd keeper" shows what a great fan you are.

As for being in a minority, I think I'm probably in the majority of fans who don't over react to one mistake and post abuse at him on a forum. This is a very small cross section of people who mainly have an axe to grind. I'm trying to give some perspective but as it's clearly not working there probably is no point.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I really want Stockdale to be successful but Walton looks a real talent and I would play him. Play Walton for 3 games and see how he goes

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005

What happened to Fulham last season? Where are we this season?

Mmmmmmm

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Rubbish. He's a good young goalkeeper who has consistently improved as the season has gone on. He made one mistake today which he paid for. Last time I looked, plenty of players made mistakes today - including Teixeira for conceding the ridiculous free kick in the first place. I sometimes f***ing hate Albion fans - never happy unless they have someone to criticize. JFC wasn't playing today so it's Stockdale's turn. So, if Walton plays on Tuesday (which he shouldn't) and we lose who will you lot turn your moaning towards? Probably Greer I expect. As someone pointed out, a few weeks ago people were lining up to proclaim he was turning into a great keeper - one mistake doesn't change that. And what if Walton makes a couple of mistakes - will you come on here and demand he's replaced?

He's hardly young, not in footballing terms. He turns 30 this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here