Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Marvelous 1901 Food Thread

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I know punters do not go to a football match for fine dining but that looks awful. Prison or hospital food would be better than that.

It does make you wonder if anyone from the Club samples this stuff because it won't exactly cause a stampede for orders. Unless the Club are happy with what's on offer?

A pint of Harveys and a Piglets pie would look ok alongside that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can we have the answer [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] ?

My wife is wondering.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can we have the answer [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] ?

My wife is wondering.

Of course. It's a tough one I think as the rustic Italian roll throws you off the scent. But, it's pork, smoked ham and cider stew with sage dumpling, wholegrain mustard mash and the Italian roll. Yours for £14.50.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of course. It's a tough one I think as the rustic Italian roll throws you off the scent. But, it's pork, smoked ham and cider stew with sage dumpling, wholegrain mustard mash and the Italian roll. Yours for £14.50.

YIKES.

Just after half time I had a roast beef baguette on granary with Colemans horseradish and iceberg lettuce...£3 odd. Mind you, I was absolutely freezing my GONADS off as I crammed it in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
YIKES.

Just after half time I had a roast beef baguette on granary with Colemans horseradish and iceberg lettuce...£3 odd. Mind you, I was absolutely freezing my GONADS off as I crammed it in.

And the person who made the purchase* said it was "bloody awful" as well.

* I don't do my own stunts.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
It IS the ambience that makes it really though

Capture.JPG

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Was the roll imported from Italy, made from Italian flour or impregnated with parmigiano to justify its moniker?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
To be fair though, it's not easy to make stew, dumplings and mash look much more appealing or presentable on a plate surely?
The OP doesn't seem to have said what it tasted like, whether it was nice and hot or the apparent quality of ingredients which is surely crucial to whether it offered value or not?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Should be in a bowl.

A toilet bowl.

£14.50?

That is simply wrong. Though I suppose I you washed the gop off the Lindt ball they've stuck in there that might be quite nice.

The sauce has got that shiny gloss on it which strongly indicated factory produced and stuffed with sweeteners.

A suppose a blind man would be happy to see it.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Ironically, beef stew was on sale at the WSL outlets yesterday. Can't remember the price.

Quite partial to a bit of stew, but even I can cook one that looks better than that, for less than that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair though, it's not easy to make stew, dumplings and mash look much more appealing or presentable on a plate surely?
The OP doesn't seem to have said what it tasted like, whether it was nice and hot or the apparent quality of ingredients which is surely crucial to whether it offered value or not?
Although it's considerably easier to make it look filling and value for money.

On a cold February day, a slow cooked bowl of stew, winter veg and dumplings should have been flying out of the kitchen, at any price.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

#48 has a quote from my stunt double regarding taste. I disagree on presentation. Pop the stew in a bowl, pop bowl onto a plate and fluff up some mash on the side, bit of parsley on top job done. The presentation on this particular dish looks lazy.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012

I think what people are missing here is the square plate factor. That added bit of class automatically quadruples the price because of the added corners involved. A round plate option would cost £3.62.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did it originally come from the away dressing room when we played Palace in the playoffs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here