Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion V West Brom Monday night

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
We've got a development squd game Monday night V west Brom. Does anyone know where it's being played as it's supposed to be Culver road but our last 3 have been at the new training ground at an earlier kick off.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We've got a development squd game Monday night V west Brom. Does anyone know where it's being played as it's supposed to be Culver road but our last 3 have been at the new training ground at an earlier kick off.

@ Culver Road, kick-off 7pm

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anybody that is going to the game tonight - someone has posted on here that Simon Ireland (the U-21 coach) has now left the club (to take up a role within the QPR academy). The club's preview of tonight's game (on the official site) states that "Coach Simon Ireland has made five changes....". So I would be interested to know if Ireland is actually there with the team (and if not, who takes charge of them).

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Ah that would explain the two young men in WBAFC tracksuits at lunchtime today in the reception of Fitness First next to Brighton Station, asking if they could use the sauna and steam room...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Rusk is in charge as per picture on Twitter

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
[tweet]564859640933269505[/tweet]

Hmmmmm..... I wondered why you had posted nothing, but after quoting your post I see you embedded a tweet - presumably the club tweet of the teamsheet? It appears that tweet has been removed by the club.

I wonder why?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hmmmmm..... I wondered why you had posted nothing, but after quoting your post I see you embedded a tweet - presumably the club tweet of the teamsheet? It appears that tweet has been removed by the club.

I wonder why?

I have Tweetdeck running and it retains all history.

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 20.13.36.png

As a random aside Jonas Olsson was on the same train as me this afternoon, the 15:46 Victoria to Littlehampton service in full West Brom tracksuit. He hopped off at Lancing and it didn't look like anyone was there to meet him.

Jimmy Grimble

When did Fenelon return from his loan spell? Did we hear much about how he did?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
When did Fenelon return from his loan spell? Did we hear much about how he did?

After Tranmere's match against Exeter on January 31st (he played for Albion's U-21s last Tuesday, against AFC Wimbledon).

I think he did pretty well, he scored twice in 10 league appearances for them.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have Tweetdeck running and it retains all history.

View attachment 62959

As a random aside Jonas Olsson was on the same train as me this afternoon, the 15:46 Victoria to Littlehampton service in full West Brom tracksuit. He hopped off at Lancing and it didn't look like anyone was there to meet him.

I can only think that as the teamsheet essentially confirms Simon Ireland's departure (and, as far as I know, there has been no official club statement yet about his moving on), the tweet was removed as it is pre-emptive. I can't think of any other reason? :shrug:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have just visited the Argus website for confirmation that Simon Ireland has officially now left, and Simon Rusk took charge of the U-21s tonight.

Chief sports reporter Andy Naylor is on the case:-

Left-back Adam Chicksen and left-winger Jeffrey Monakana also feature in Simon Ireland's line-up.

Thanks for the breaking news Andy; The Argus - First for all the action; last with all the news.

Jan 9, 2015
Under21s drew 0-0. Same problem as seniors, no strikers. Now scored11 goals in 13 league games. But only Arsenal have conceded fewer. Monakana was fast, threatening but selfish. Nobody tonight suggested themselves as 1st team material.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Under21s drew 0-0. Same problem as seniors, no strikers. Now scored11 goals in 13 league games. But only Arsenal have conceded fewer. Monakana was fast, threatening but selfish. Nobody tonight suggested themselves as 1st team material.
what about glen rea he was superb tonight and he will be in the 1st team soon

Jan 9, 2015
Minor edit2

Beg pardon, according to tonight's programme Albion u21s have only 10 goals for, 16 against, least for of any in division. Certainly have a striking problem, just a minor edit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here