Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Email from club: Free scarf for supporting the seagulls

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Well done to the Marketing department at the club I say.
Fans get a little freebie with their ticket purchase, the club are giving those fans a little souvenir for the future whilst helping the atmosphere in the stadium as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well done to the Marketing department at the club I say.
Fans get a little freebie with their ticket purchase, the club are giving those fans a little souvenir for the future whilst helping the atmosphere in the stadium as well.

Well, yes - that's one way of looking at it.

The other is:

"It's not fair. Where are our free scarves. Another example of the club taking us for granted. Of the loss of the SOUL of the club. It's not our club anymore. We are customers now. Tony is just in it for the money. Did I mention it's not fair. Waah waah waah. Barber out"

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Is there a knit at home option?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good idea if it encourages more people to buy a ticket. I already have a scarf so do not need another.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm pissed off by that comment, Edna,

I happen to know the bloke and his son that sat next to you and they're top guys.

I think you've got your wires crossed :)

I know exactly who you're talking about, and he's a nice chap, he always sits next to me.

I'm talking about the fly-by-night individual who turned up for the Arsenal game only, pissed, listening to the game on headphones, rambling incoherently, and who then walked out with fifteen-twenty minutes to go.

Am pretty sure that's not who you're talking about, well, not unless you're doing G a gross disservice :wave:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Are they half and half scarves? :jester:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Great promotion by the club, although not eligible myself, it will be interesting to see if they follow this up with a free bobble hat, and gloves later in the season, so fans can get the full set.

I'm surprised that the new management team aren't wearing scarfs on the touchline similar to Mancini when at City, as that would be good advertising and a boost to sales.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
And clackers, and song sheets lol

Nice drum, shame about the result. Matey in the black watching the stand looks a load of fun.

LOL.JPG

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
one word: Gone
You had goal music for several seasons in your shit hole; we had one match where those awful clackers were distributed, after which they've never been used again.

Now get back in your box.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Are we going to offer them to 'away' supporters?
Still got my freebie from the Cardiff game. Very nice too, perfect for when walking the dog on a cold morning

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
So can someone talk me through the thinking behind this promotion? Presumably it relies on the assumption that there is a significant number of people out there, currently musing as follows..

"hmmm, wonder whether I should buy a ticket to watch BHA at the Amex in the next few weeks. I understand they're struggling a bit at the moment with a fairly mediocre squad, and despite a slight improvement under the new manager are still hovering just above the relegation zone. Really can't decide..."

"Wow... I hear they are offering a free scarf to people buying tickets. True that it's a hideous piece of neckware made cheaply from man-made fibre, but it really is too good an offer to turn down. I'm in..."

I'm really no expert on psychology of marketing, and I may have missed something, but this doesn't convince me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So can someone talk me through the thinking behind this promotion? Presumably it relies on the assumption that there is a significant number of people out there, currently musing as follows..

"hmmm, wonder whether I should buy a ticket to watch BHA at the Amex in the next few weeks. I understand they're struggling a bit at the moment with a fairly mediocre squad, and despite a slight improvement under the new manager are still hovering just above the relegation zone. Really can't decide..."

"Wow... I hear they are offering a free scarf to people buying tickets. True that it's a hideous piece of neckware made cheaply from man-made fibre, but it really is too good an offer to turn down. I'm in..."

I'm really no expert on psychology of marketing, and I may have missed something, but this doesn't convince me.

In my experience of such things you don't sell any more tickets you just give away stuff for free that you may have ended up getting some value for. I doubt many will get a ticket to get a scarf.

However what it does do is raise the profile of buying a ticket. Reminds people tickets are available. And also provides a talking point. hence why I started the thread. Might get a few scarf hungry punters through the door.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
In my experience of such things you don't sell any more tickets you just give away stuff for free that you may have ended up getting some value for. I doubt many will get a ticket to get a scarf.

However what it does do is raise the profile of buying a ticket. Reminds people tickets are available. And also provides a talking point. hence why I started the thread. Might get a few scarf hungry punters through the door.

Of course. And fans who only go occasionally have a blue-and-white scarf on their coat rack to remind them they are a fan every time they go out. It's called subliminal MARKETING.

I still wear my 'Hola Gus' Tshirt, although usually as a bottom layer of 4 on a v cold day.

PG

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Its really not that bad, most STHs will probably have a scarf anyway !!

Its just a certain Albion Twitter account which has a fair few followers posting something which fits their anti-Barber agenda and all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here