Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Super Bowl XLIX New England Patriots v Seattle Seahawks ***Official Match Thread***

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
That was the WORST decision I have ever seen, not running it on the 1 yard line with Lynch there ?

Thats lost the Superbowl for Seattle - cannot believe how f*cked off I am right now. Its like your one on one with a keeper in a match, but choosing to pass towards the corner where only 1 of their defenders is. Joke.

tedlit

Nov 18, 2006
Scotland (just)
That was the WORST decision I have ever seen, not running it on the 1 yard line with Lynch there ?

Thats lost the Superbowl for Seattle - cannot believe how f*cked off I am right now. Its like your one on one with a keeper in a match, but choosing to pass towards the corner where only 1 of their defenders is. Joke.

This, absolutely this. Why?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Agree with comments above.

Even worse than "And Smith must score!"

Dec 15, 2014
Here
And Seattle craps their pants and throws the ball instead of using their Lynch pin. Cracker of a match! Vavava boom, Seattle's season is over and goes from Super Bowl winner to loser in one play---awful loss for Seahawks.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well Seattle humiliate themselves at the end. With that piece of schadenfreude I bid this season farewell. Great game.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Marshawn Lynch has just been offered a new contract by Seattle - If i was him i would tell them to shove it up their arse after that. Would have won the Superbowl for Seattle and may well have been MVP, but its in tatters. Potentially the worst call in NFL history.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And why do the NFL go and screw it all up at the end by announcing the winners as World Champions. Learn some humility. It's a great game, but the rest of the world's stomach is now turning with the "world champion" phrase.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Gutted. Shit call. Really shit call. Unbelievable. Give it to Lynch, you've got 3 goes at running it in from a yard. Then it's game over. Why ****ing throw it into a crowded end zone with every chance of being picked off. Grrr.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've just come back from the post-game interviews. Pete Carroll admitted it was all on him - he thought pass first was the best way to use their remaining timeout with only 20 seconds left. But Wilson said he thought he had completed the pass and it was an unbelievable play by Butler.

Interestingly, Butler credited the Pats defensive coordinator for telling them the Seahawks would pass. Yet Vince Wilfork said they were amazed that the Seahawks passed.

Last edited:

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
I was too tired to post on here last night about the play as I headed straight to bed the second the game was over, but seriously: what the f"ck were they thinking with that call :mad: talk about shooting yourself in the foot :shootself:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here