Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we turned the corner?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think we are very much in trouble other clubs around us have all strengthened while we have made two signing who have it all to prove. Fit and motivated they are both excellent, but Kayal has never really been the same at Celtic since his injuries and Best has not really shown anything in recent years.

If we do nothing else and these two don't step up to the plate I feel the gamble of waiting till the summer could seriously backfire. I don't get letting Colunga go without a replacement, Best and COG are very similar and both will need wingers to create for them. We currently have one coming back from injury. That cannot be allowed to go without strengthening until the end of the season surely?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think we are a better team now. We are still going to lose games and it sounded like a shocking pitch today. We lost, let's move on and keep the faith

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Ok we beat Charlton..I was there ...they were/are in freefall and we were marginally better...Win scraped...Against Ipswich we were a changed team..best performance of season..Arsenal too after first twenty matched them....Could it continue ? It seems not ...Feb six league games..Crucial...Critical..Contrary to optimistic view of some..We are not playoff material...We are in relegation battle but I do feel we should be OK..but only just. Call me pessimist if you like but I consider myself realist..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
9 out of 15 points in Jan, better than any month under Sami, yes we have. If our home form return to anything respectable we're be fine

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
So we conceded today to a set piece ( from a free kick ) !

The BBC stats for the game say fouls against 6 and fouls conceded 17. Perhaps if we didn't concede so many fouls we wouldn't have to defend so many set pieces resulting in goals against. ( I appreciate that not every foul conceded results in a potenial scoring set piece )

Sadly, this is one statistic that does not seem to improve so one particular corner which has not yet been recognised never mind 'turned' !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm certain that if we win at Millwall on St Patrick's Day ( a most happy anniversary ), we'll stay up. :rock:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
After the Charlton game it looked like we had got over the Sami era. We have now lost 3 in 4 and are back down to 2 points away from the relegation zone having just lost to bottom of the table Blackpool.

So, have we turned a corner or are we still very much in the brown stuff?

Not yet but live in hope with players coming back.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
9 out of 15 points in Jan, better than any month under Sami, yes we have. If our home form return to anything respectable we're be fine

I agree that we'll be fine. Today was a freak result in relation to how the team has been playing since SH resigned.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Reminds me of when we lost 2-0 to Coventry when they were bottom of the league on Dec 31st 2011.

Teams that get thrashed tend to play ultra negatively the next game and rarely conceed many, if any as their approach changes. They tend to put most players behind the ball and deny space to shoot for the opposition.

I went to that game at coventry & it was awful but 2 days later we beat SCS 3.1 so let's hope history repeats its self against forest next week

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm still worried that the upturn that we have seen has simply been the "dead cat bounce", where even a struggling team gets a short term benefit from a change in management before settling back into bad habits. Having been at the Ipswich match last week it's hard to imagine that that team could get relegated but the teams around us have started making their move and our transfer activity hasn't been brimming with ambition.

I'm not even sure we have reached the corner yet, let alone turned it. Unfortunately our season is being defined by a prolonged wade in the brown stuff.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
We have now lost 3 in 4

Slightly misleading as one of those defeats was against Arsenal. Hughton's league record is two wins and two defeats, which over the last four games is the same as Bournemouth (top), better than Ipswich (4th) and the same as Watford (6th). Yes losing away at Blackpool is disappointing but we have definitely turned a corner.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shouldn't include the Arsenal game in any stats - and Brentford at home we deserved something. Yes we were poor yesterday but we've def turned a corner and improved. I'm certain we will stay up - got a lot quality in this squad and finally a decent and knowledgable gaffer!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I thought we had turned the corner, but the sat nav's playing up as we turned up sh!t street yesterday.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Bookies make us outsiders of the main protagonists, which is something I suppose.

erel.JPG

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
4 losses out the last 5 now. Also losing to utter tripe out of form teams in Blackpool and Forest is very worrying. The honeymoon is well and truly over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here