Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you get on with your neighbours?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
In the three years since they moved in I have never seen our neighbours. It was Christmas and I put a card in their letterbox, by way of introducing ourselves to them. It obviously didn't work! The other neighbours repulse me. They just think that the planet and every one on it are there to be exploited. They've rented the place out to a family who have a fleet of flash vehicles and a set of parents in a £1.5 million house with a swimming pool. He's in prison, having illegally funded the kind of lifestyle that us mere mortals could only dream of. We work to pay the bills, whilst they do Alan Whicker impersonations. Still, I'm not jealous!

Why don't you drop a note to HMRC - I doubt if he is paying tax on the income.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I don't get on with mine - have pikeys one side and foreigners the other who built an extension without planning permission!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My neighbour is a rather attractive and leggy Parisian girl. If I was single I'd definitely like to get to know her better.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My neighbour is a rather attractive and leggy Parisian girl. If I was single I'd definitely like to get to know her better.

Getting to know your neighbours better is a time-honoured Germanic trait.

Jut ask Poland, Holland and France...

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Mine are a disgrace to society. A typical day is spent sitting on their backsides, watching Jeremy Kyle and breeding (there are 4 children and one more on the way) and playing loud music at whatever time of the day. Wouldn't be surprised if they'd never done a day's work in their lives. They epitomise the social characteristics of the chav stereotype.
If you try and challenge their anti-social behaviour you get verbal (if you are lucky) or physical abuse back.

at my mum and dads house the neighbours are pretty good, but as we live on a little street everyone is getting very funny about parking spaces outside their house.
at my fiances mum and dads house the neighbours one side are terrible. you can wake up on a sunday morning at around 6am to them blaring out music and they are attached to us, which makes it worse.

But about your point on Jeremy Kyle, if anyone on here owns a Xboxone, whislt watching tele through the xbox you can see what tv shows are trending (the most viewed) and most mornings "jeremy kyle" is the most watched.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Get on with both sides. One is a middle aged wet blanket bloke, the other a young couple in their 20s. Boy would it be a yes if she offered !

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
My neighbour on one side is a terrific guy single parent with 3 kids, I always give him my season tickets when we can't make games. He is an absolute gentleman and his kids are always polite and smiling and an absolute credit to him!
The neighbours to the other side are bizarre, the fella is aggressive and rude and has absolutely no people skills, he retired early on health reasons and now has nothing to do all day, but criticise every other neighbours lifestyle. He tends to stand at the side of his house staring at anybody walking past His wife is just weird and hardly ever speaks to anyone especially if he is around. We have tried to make friendly conversation and offers of help with things, but they can be really rude in reply. So now we just don't have anything to do with them.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We're in a flat, the couple opposite are nice, I speak to the woman quite often and her partner is a season ticket holder. the people below are all pleasant and keep themselves to them themselves, however the the flat above us is rented. Every 6 months new tenants arrive and it's quite hit and miss, we've had everything from a single guy that plays pacman very loudly, a very 'enthusiastic' woman and what I can only assume is her new partner , a suspicious bloke and his family that rarely leave the building, currently we have a family of 4 (I think) who make a lot of noise a lot of the time, it's not unbearable by any means but they are always up to something and rarely seem to leave the building, one of the kids is always in trouble and gets roasted several times a day. Can't grumble overall :)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
had a palace bloke live next door,from the outset we really didnt get on,he was a proper fruitcake as well even calling the police once and saying i had planned and paid the driver of the random car that had accidentally ploughed into the back of his parked car.Things escalated,abuse was thrown but after about a year of hell he gave up,sold up and left.

sort of **** that might come on and troll about.if you are reading this i happened to see you park outside your new place the other day,i know where you live gimp!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
had a palace bloke live next door,from the outset we really didnt get on,he was a proper fruitcake as well even calling the police once and saying i had planned and paid the driver of the random car that had accidentally ploughed into the back of his parked car.Things escalated,abuse was thrown but after about a year of hell he gave up,sold up and left.

sort of **** that might come on and troll about.if you are reading this i happened to see you park outside your new place the other day,i know where you live gimp!

But, he also knows where you live, no?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We're at the end of the road so have only one household to neighbour. They're fine generally bar the screechy wife and having to look after the twenty or so packages which get left with us due to them not being in each week.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I wrote on here last year about my neighbours building a garage using our own garage/boundary wall and turning us into a semi.
Our solicitor initially said we had no chance of getting their garage removed as 20 years had passed. However, the solicitor was like a dog with a bone and when they wanted to sell she got agreement that they needed me to hand over rights for them to use our wall.
To get a sale both parties signed the agreement but my stalling tactics ended with them offering to pay me a nice little sum to sign.
They moved and new neighbours, who are great, have told me they don't like the garage and are going to demolish it.
Result for me all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here