Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would be just like us to wipe the floor with Forest next week. Just keep looking up the table rather than down, a setback but, shit pitch, shit weather and shit ref partly to blame.

We don't do wiping the floor with teams, just a heads up to help forstall another disappointment :smile:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
After shipping goals galore last week you'd think we'd attack that fragile defence and put them under pressure...poor tactics and the useless Caskey just keeps getting picked.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Be interesting to see what those who were there thought. Butters and Cantor sounded incredibly biased in the commentary, blaming the ref, the pitch and luck rather than what sounded like a really crap performance from the Albion.

In fairness, playing on a terrible pitch does not help. It provides a leveller and, as I said earlier, Blackpool are presumably more used to playing on it. It also sounded like it was a poor decision to give the free kick for their goal and that was clearly a big decision. Not saying it sounds like we played well but obviously things didn't go our way today.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Think I will switch off now. Far too much over reaction.We lost and by all accounts didn't deserve to. End of.
We will not go down.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
To be honest, I'd hate to see what happens if you do slag him off then. I can't see any comments blaming Stockdale but I'm sure you're right as there are some people who won't give him any credit despite him being brilliant in the last couple of months. In fact, I'd argue he has kept us in games with great saves recently but we'll ignore the Fulham away, Brentford home, Wolves away etc games as they don't suit your argument.
You mean Brentford away I guess. I agree he has been playing better recently as I've stated, but for me he needs to put those sort of displays more often, reaction saves that keep you in games. A bit like every other keeper that plays against us seems to do.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
After shipping goals galore last week you'd think we'd attack that fragile defence and put them under pressure...poor tactics and the useless Caskey just keeps getting picked.

Yep. I would have thumbs upped rather than reply but that doesn't seem to be an option any more.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Poor. Time for Kayal instead of JFC methinks.

Anyone for JFC to be fair! Can anyone defend his consistent utterly ineffective performances. What is sad is that we had the choice of Texeira who ripped Ipswich a new one but chose JFC, Albions equivalent of a black cat walking under a ladder whilst carrying a smashed mirror and a squashed spider under his shoe!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Be interesting to see what those who were there thought. Butters and Cantor sounded incredibly biased in the commentary, blaming the ref, the pitch and luck rather than what sounded like a really crap performance from the Albion.

Sounded like both teams were crap because Blackpool brought us down to their level. The ref has only had 42 games in charge , 3 of them in The Championship.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We have a bang average side but we haven't turned to shit because of one result. Look at Blackpool's recent home form, other teams have struggled to win there for one reason or another. Cue massive overreactions from some though.

Massive over reaction? Watford put 7 past them! We have to face facts, the league table does not lie and we are a poor side. We all knew this season would be tough after the shambles in the summer. One has to hope that houghton can turn this around and we get some ofour decent players back ASAP. We have some very difficult home games coming up. That is not an over reaction to an appalling result against the bottom side, but an honest reaction to our plight.

Let's hope that our returning players can conjure up some magic to turn this around.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'm sure I'm not alone in heaving a rather dramatic sigh before kick off when I clocked our 'creative' partnership: JFC and Calderon. Success and failure are decided by small margins in the championship. This link between our defensive pair and the front men has been Albion's Achilles heel all season. You need only glance at our possession stats, really rather good - question is, what are we doing with the ball? If it's JFC, then sadly the answer is 'not very much' aside from his customary 5 yard prods. With the return of Stephens and Lua Lua becoming ever closer and Kayal waiting in the wings, we could have the makings of a team that should bury the likes of Blackpool. Until then, expect a few grumpy match days....

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Massive over reaction? Watford put 7 past them! We have to face facts, the league table does not lie and we are a poor side. We all knew this season would be tough after the shambles in the summer. One has to hope that houghton can turn this around and we get some ofour decent players back ASAP. We have some very difficult home games coming up. That is not an over reaction to an appalling result against the bottom side, but an honest reaction to our plight.

Let's hope that our returning players can conjure up some magic to turn this around.

Watford are a good side and have a good players.......and a good striker. We arent that great and havent got a good striker - its a wake up call to people. People are overreacting massively, yeah were not in a good place, but a couple of players in, Kayal, Stephens and Lua Lua returning AND therefore a couple of wins would see us move clear.

If we were in the relegation zone, by all means panic but we arent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here