Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
View attachment 62576 [MENTION=29545]SDG[/MENTION], over to you

Is [MENTION=29545]SDG[/MENTION] is participating? - an earlier post suggested that they have withdrawn from the game

I enjoyed the last one, but my PL knowledge of the first 4 years is quite low considering I was 1yo at its inception.

I considered at the start whether to take part for that reason as I'm more likely to put value in Palace players and players I've seen vs Palace since the mid-90s, but since a lot of other people are desperate to play, I'll give up my place this time but will have definite interest next time, so please keep me in mind [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION]

Will enjoy watching anyway.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Is [MENTION=29545]SDG[/MENTION] is participating? - an earlier post suggested that they have withdrawn from the game

Oops- was just going by the list on page one. Whoevers next then!!! (Just please don't pick Andrea Silenzi- The Aardvark is all mine!!!!)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I figured Neville would go unpicked until at least halfway through as people don't generally go for full backs early

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Does the picking order get randomised again after we have all picked or am I going to be 18th to pick every time?

It's work down the list, then it works back up it.

So you're 18th in the first round, but then you don't have long to wait until your second pick. Whoever is bottom of the list will take two picks each time; once for the end of round one and once to start round two. Likewise, whoever has the first pick then has to wait bloody ages for their next one

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I assume we are doing it as a snake format again so 1st to 24th then the order is reversed, so 24th has 2 picks, then 23rd, etc under 1st who gets 2 picks and then back to 24th, etc.....

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
With 20 more apps than the big Dane and 37 more clean sheets with an average of 0.5 clean sheets a game!

My first choice is just like my first choice in the last draft. The undisputed best goalkeeper in the Premier League, even playing with a broken HEAD.

PETR CECH

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
With 20 more apps than the big Dane and 37 more clean sheets with an average of 0.5 clean sheets a game!

My first choice is just like my first choice in the last draft. The undisputed best goalkeeper in the Premier League, even playing with a broken HEAD. Petr Cech

I know we are only judging on PL careers, but how do we figure out who's better at the end? Cech has played more and has more clean sheets but does Trophies etc come into it? Obviously Big Pete has won 2 more league titles so I'm just wondering what the criteria is?

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Seems harsh. Most people are sleeping 12pm - 6am

It's a bit of a pisser, but it usually equals out throughout the draft. The other option would be to have the draft come to halt on match days, night-time, potentially 9-5 from Monday-Friday.

No really good ways of doing it tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here