Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yep.

I only wanted one player. One player. That's all. I didn't care about the other ten. I just wanted that one player. No chance now. Absolutely none.

And how has [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] , the reigning champion managed to snaffle second spot? Again! Boooooooo!

Talking of [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] I believe [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] 6 hours are up. So Frutos is free to pick.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That being the case, I'm here to do so.

Wow...free reign to pick anyone in PL history. So many ways and options to go, but I'm going to go with gut instinct and the first player who came to mind when the PL Draft was suggested.

When I was growing up, he was my first-ever favourite footballer, so it would seem utterly wrong not to pick him to be honest, and I doubt he'll still be available by the time it gets back to me.

Therefore the first pick for both Team Frutos and the draft as a whole is 'The King' himself ERIC CANTONA.

[MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION], I believe you're up next although [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] still has a pick too.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
It's no exaggeration to say, [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION], that I hate you for that pick! That said, best of luck for the rest of the draft! I don't think I've got a bad consolation prize.

Ignore the recent adverts, which make all right-thinking people want to attack the first member of my team with socks full of snooker balls. Just concentrate on the football. My first pick is, of course, Thierry Henry.

T Henry.jpeg
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION], you're up. Reminder to [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] as well.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Would have thought we need to specify the category as we make each selection?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's no exaggeration to say, [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION], that I hate you for that pick! That said, best of luck for the rest of the draft! I don't think I've got a bad consolation prize.

Ignore the recent adverts, which make all right-thinking people want to attack the first member of my team with socks full of snooker balls. Just concentrate on the football. My first pick is, of course, Thierry Henry.

View attachment 62511
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION], you're up. Reminder to [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] as well.
Not a bad one at all - it was between him and Eric for my first pick.

Good luck to you too, and to everyone else. :)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

You'll find there's lots of movement and switching of categories towards the end as you jostle the formation to get all your players in.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

You will find that a lot of your selections will fit into multiple categories so you may have picked someone for a certain category early on only to find you struggle to fill another category later in the draft, by swapping, you can get all the categories filled in easier and with a better final team.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
OK, cool. Last minute jostling rather than long drawn out pain. Gets my vote too.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
OH FFS

Who's idea to start at 10:30 in the evening :facepalm: :bugger: I wanted Henry :grrr:

OK I'm going to have to go with my other top striker, who is only the RECORD holder for premiership/league goals with a total of 260 in just 441 games, never playing for a "big" club either. He broke the world transfer record in 1996 when we was transferred to Newcastle for £15M

Its ALAN SHEARER

images

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Damn, was going to go for Shearer myself but guess I am just going to have to pick only the best player in the world.

During his time at Manchester United he won the league 3 times, won both the players' and football writers' player of the year in 2007 and 2008, was in the European team of the year 4 times, World team 3 times, won the golden boot in the 2007/8 season and the Ballon d'Or in 08, lifted the FA Cup, the Champions League and the Club World Cup and much much more. He also smashed the transfer record when sold to Madrid for 80 million pounds, meaning he must have been a bit decent.

I present to you the first player of my team Cristiano Ronaldo:

cristiano-ronaldo_1421719c.jpg
[MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION], you are up.

Also, [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION], are we not doing managers?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Can we be clear before I make my pick (as it wasnt in the rules) - that the players we pick are to be judged on their performance only when playing in the Premier League or Premiership and not for other clubs i.e. Cristiano Ronaldo would be judged on his Man Utd career and not Real Madrid?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Can we be clear before I make my pick (as it wasnt in the rules) - that the players we pick are to be judged on their performance only when playing in the Premier League or Premiership and not for other clubs i.e. Cristiano Ronaldo would be judged on his Man Utd career and not Real Madrid?

Thats right, PL performances only

SDG

May 26, 2014
I enjoyed the last one, but my PL knowledge of the first 4 years is quite low considering I was 1yo at its inception.

I considered at the start whether to take part for that reason as I'm more likely to put value in Palace players and players I've seen vs Palace since the mid-90s, but since a lot of other people are desperate to play, I'll give up my place this time but will have definite interest next time, so please keep me in mind [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION]

Will enjoy watching anyway.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Really tough to start with, but I am going for the most natural finisher the Premiership/league has ever seen... The Lethal Anfield Prowler...

robbie_fowler_1940308c.jpg

Robbie Fowler... [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] you are up...

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Also, [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION], are we not doing managers?

Gave them a swerve this time, just for the reason that it became a hassle with the rules last time out.

All players will be judged on the Premier League Career ONLY

Was the size 5 font not enough. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here