Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's been a tough choice to decide who to have on the left side of defence. I have been mulling over the records of two great players but have gone with the one who has played at the top level for more of his career and has a Champions League medal too.

What. A. Player.

JOHN ARNE RIISE
Oh for **** sake.

:censored:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ah man I'm going heart over head on this one. Plus he fills the has been relegated category nicely. One of my favourite players of ALL time. The man didn't have much in the way of a Premier League career in trophies and such but what hes gone on to do and played at the highest level year after year I need to put him in the mix.

I give to you.

Kevin. Prince. Boateng.

Now I hope you all don't pick some of the more quality players I've got left on my list because I really neeeded KP in my side lol.
[MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] over to you.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Ah man I'm going heart over head on this one. Plus he fills the has been relegated category nicely. One of my favourite players of ALL time. The man didn't have much in the way of a Premier League career in trophies and such but what hes gone on to do and played at the highest level year after year I need to put him in the mix.

I give to you.

Kevin. Prince. Boateng.

Now I hope you all don't pick some of the more quality players I've got left on my list because I really neeeded KP in my side lol.

[MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] over to you.

Like yours my next pick is a pick of the heart, he is the one player I really wanted but assumed he would go under the radar but you buggers seem to have very good radars!! Getting to the point I cant sleep and I have got through two F5 keys already :(

Five picks to go, 6 if moggy wakes up and god forbid Max Paper ever remembers where he put his laptop :(

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Right then, I've got goals galore in my midfield but I need some steel. This is very much a head over heart pick, this chap isn't the most popular but was very good at what he did. I welcome into my team a player with over 300 Premier League appearances, he captained his team to the Premier League title and has also won promotion to the promised land (difficult category to fill). He is of course, everyone's favourite manager...Tim Sherwood.

Over to you [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION]

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Thankfully my next pick has flown well under the radar. Making his debut as a 20 year old for Kaizer Chiefs, and having over 200 top flight appearances for Leeds Utd, it's LUCAS RADEBE

image.jpg

(Incidentally that Leeds Shirt.... Delightful)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Right then, I've got goals galore in my midfield but I need some steel. This is very much a head over heart pick, this chap isn't the most popular but was very good at what he did. I welcome into my team a player with over 300 Premier League appearances, he captained his team to the Premier League title and has also won promotion to the promised land (difficult category to fill). He is of course, everyone's favourite manager...Tim Sherwood.

Grrrrrr, in the news too much to be overlooked

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Checked more than once as I can't believe this players has lasted this long -

UEFA Champions League: 2004–05; Runner-up 2006–07
UEFA Super Cup: 2005
FA Cup: 2005–06
Football League Cup: 2002–03; Runner-up 2004–05
FA Community Shield: 2006; Runner-up 2002
FIFA Club World Championship: Runner-up 2005

Jerzy Dudek.

tumblr_lzso55iCQB1r3whe1o5_r1_250.gif

[MENTION=4147]shaolinpunk[/MENTION] is up.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This is a long shot, but does the old version of League 1 - i.e. the third tier of English football - count for "has won another top league"?

I've got an absolute beaut who doesn't fit ANY category, except that.

I'm guessing the answer is going to be a big fat NO.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
This is a long shot, but does the old version of League 1 - i.e. the third tier of English football - count for "has won another top league"?

I've got an absolute beaut who doesn't fit ANY category, except that.

I'm guessing the answer is going to be a big fat NO.

Top tier league, alas. I'm intrigued to know who you had in mind, though. If you can't fit him into another category, please let us know who he was after the draft.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Top tier league, alas. I'm intrigued to know who you had in mind, though. If you can't fit him into another category, please let us know who he was after the draft.

Thought as much. :thumbsup:

I'd be surprised if I'm the only person who's considered this player - as well as being a key part of one of THE definitive Premier League teams of the ages he also had a very significant moment that everyone knows, or if they don't know then they ****ing well SHOULD.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I'd be surprised if I'm the only person who's considered this player - as well as being a key part of one of THE definitive Premier League teams of the ages he also had a very significant moment that everyone knows, or if they don't know then they ****ing well SHOULD.

I'm intrigued. PM me who it is! Promise I wont nab him...

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012

Not sure I can wait to hear who this is. Please don't give anyone any clues as that might give them ideas about other picks :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here