Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

please nominate your fav films

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
There are too many. Off the top of my head these have all stood up to repeated viewings:

Duck Soup
Zulu
The Unforgiven
Master and Commander
Ace In the Hole
Saturday Night Sunday Morning
The Big Lebowski
The Freshman

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
So cliche, but they genuinely are my top 5, so:

Pulp Fiction
Shawshank Redemption
Fight Club
The Shining

The first 3 are indeed great films and cult classics but only the Shawshank Redeption would make my Top 5. That's another for the OP to try, but not before bedtime, it's quite long so start early or prepare for a late night!!!!

On that note The Green Mile is also a definite must watch.

I remember enjoying True Romance years ago too with Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette. Great film and story line. Was never a blockbuster but a great film nonetheless!

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Thanks everyone, already a lot of films I havent seen . Good films ive seen lately are.
the purge 1+ 2
jack the giant slayer
The island
lets be cops
clash of the titans
beowolf ( its an adult animation with excellent effects , really worth watching.)
Infected or inflicted ( cant remember which it called )

will post some more when I remember the names, as ive seen some real good ens.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
The first 3 are indeed great films and cult classics but only the Shawshank Redeption would make my Top 5. That's another for the OP to try, but not before bedtime, it's quite long so start early or prepare for a late night!!!!

On that note The Green Mile is also a definite must watch.

I remember enjoying True Romance years ago too with Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette. Great film and story line. Was never a blockbuster but a great film nonetheless!

Seen the 3 you mentiond, and if I remember right, I had my first love with the girl in true romance. Great film as are the other 2.
green mile very sad I actually had a lump in my throat.
One of the sadest film I remember watching was terminator 2, nearly cried everytime lol

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Legally Blonde 2
Miss Congeniality 2
Sex & The City 2
I Still, STILL Bloody Well Know Exactly What You Did Last Autumn 2

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Awakenings
The Blues Brothers
The Green Mile
Quadrophenia
Saturday Night Fever (better than you think)
Frankie & Johnny
The 40 year old virgin
Monsters Ball
The Meaning Of Life
Holiday On The Buses
Musical... The original South Pacific

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Seen the 3 you mentiond, and if I remember right, I had my first love with the girl in true romance. Great film as are the other 2.
green mile very sad I actually had a lump in my throat.
One of the sadest film I remember watching was terminator 2, nearly cried everytime lol

I was only 13 I think when T2 came out and my mum dressed me up smart to go the cinema to watch it as it was a 15 certificate!😃😃😃😃😄

If you're in to a sad films occasionally then I can recommend The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, very warming but also hard hitting and emotional about very real life issues. I rented it from Blockbusters (remember them!) a few years ago with the missus and got a Pizza Hut take away to watch it with. at the end I was literally blubbing so much I couldn't breathe, just like when you're a kid and you REALLY hurt yourself for the first time. Perhaps it just because it was based on things close to my own life I don't know??? I don't think I could watch it without proper crying again. I think everyone who has any kind of emotional feelings should watch it at least once.

The Descendants is also a very good film that is sad but enjoyable at the same time and also ticks all the boxes for the stereotypical "chick flick" for the ladies.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I was only 13 I think when T2 came out and my mum dressed me up smart to go the cinema to watch it as it was a 15 certificate!😃😃😃😃😄

If you're in to a sad films occasionally then I can recommend The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, very warming but also hard hitting and emotional about very real life issues. I rented it from Blockbusters (remember them!) a few years ago with the missus and got a Pizza Hut take away to watch it with. at the end I was literally blubbing so much I couldn't breathe, just like when you're a kid and you REALLY hurt yourself for the first time. Perhaps it just because it was based on things close to my own life I don't know??? I don't think I could watch it without proper crying again. I think everyone who has any kind of emotional feelings should watch it at least once.

The Descendants is also a very good film that is sad but enjoyable at the same time and also ticks all the boxes for the stereotypical "chick flick" for the ladies.

Il take ur challenge, but on my own . Dont want to burst into tears in front of every one lol

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I saw Edge of Tomorrow the other night, the new Tom Cruise one. Had fairly low expectations, but it absolutely blew my PANTS off. Without doubt one of the best sci-fi films I have seen in the last 5 years. Its kind of a combination of Groundhog Day and Starship Troopers. LOVED it.

And if you're not bothered about watching something recent, then check out Sexy Beast. Ray Winstone is being Ray Winstone, but Ben Kingsley puts in one of the most horrifyingly menacing performances I have EVER seen. Its magnificent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here