Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Singings

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
IT'S SIGNED FFS!!!!

If they were singing they would be on x factor or similar:)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yep, I'd pay him off and tell him to go, he is the last person you would want anywhere near the training ground and mixing with the squad.

It's time football clubs were allowed to cancel contracts of players who fail to keep their end of the deal. Players and their agents have no qualms about engineering a move (Bridcutt being a perfect example). People like Agustein should be fired for non-performance, just as 'normal' employees are on a regular basis. Fired-not having their contract bought out.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Go to agree with this: we aren't going to make top 6 and there's no benefit in splashing out in order to finish a few places higher, but still mid table.

As for letting Kemy go, as suggested further up, you'd have to find some other mugs prepared to offer him a contract first!

Signings now are vital if we want promotion next season. Let them gel in.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Singed?

Anyway, No, I don't think we need anyone else. We are not going for promotion, and the squad is good enough to avoid relegation.

Add on to that that Tony B doesn't like doing 'business' in January.

I disagree. We need to improve the squad this window to ensure avoiding the drop, get as high as possible in the league. Make it more likely we can further strengthen in the summer (the best players won't join a club in or just above the relegation zone come end of season; you must constantly look to improve).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think the benefit (assuming the deals are right) is that we end up with signing a lot of players again in the summer. If you assume we need 6-8 (a rough guess) new players to make a promotion push next year, surely it's better to sign 2 or 3 of them now so that we need less in the summer. We saw what happened this summer with too many players coming in in a short space of time.

This doesn't mean I expect us to throw money away on new signings but it would be good to get another couple of permanent signings now rather than leave it all until the summer.

Spot on.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
There's a greater risk of getting our fingers burnt with January singings

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
4 loans, and 6 senior players out of contract in June.

Best get 2 or 3 new permanent signings in to 'gel' now.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I disagree. We need to improve the squad this window to ensure avoiding the drop, get as high as possible in the league. Make it more likely we can further strengthen in the summer (the best players won't join a club in or just above the relegation zone come end of season; you must constantly look to improve).

As proven with recent results/performances, I believe the current squad is capable of finishing around the mid table position. The 'better' players out there won't join a club around the relegation zone come end of season, you say. If that is the case, why would they join us now?

But I do agree the squad needs improving to get into the top 6 next season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There's a greater risk of getting our fingers burnt with January singings

We definitely got our fingers burnt last summer, so can happen in any window.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As proven with recent results/performances, I believe the current squad is capable of finishing around the mid table position. The 'better' players out there won't join a club around the relegation zone come end of season, you say. If that is the case, why would they join us now?

But I do agree the squad needs improving to get into the top 6 next season.

They will join us now either as loans (me no like), on a short-term deal, or because we represent a step up.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Let's not be silly. We will stay up with Hughton at the helm with the squad we have. Let him loose at the end of the season and bring in the players HE wants. No point in spending silly money on players who clubs don't want to let go because it effects their promotion/relegation battles. All I wanted to see was Tony and co act on sami and berk. He did both! Let it go this season, it's not gonna happen and we all know it.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Spurs seem to be happy with their singings according to today's The Telegraph.

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 08.09.30.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here