Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Katie Price - claiming benefits

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Rubbish, the benefit system is not universal unlike the NHS and if you can afford to pay then you should pay and if you have tax advisers and thus not paying your fair share even more so

I accept that not all benefits are universal, but some are.... including state paying for the transportation of children to their school if the distance if greater than 3 miles or the child has disabilities that mean additional assistance is necessary. ie The specific case being debated

And are you actually advocating that no-one who can afford to pay themselves is allowed any state funded benefit?

Next time I'm out at night I will wear dark glasses because god forbid I use the light from state funded street lights when I am fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy my own torch!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Where have I called you a bigot?

The NHS was set up Bevan to provide universal health care for everyone in this country, regardless of their background. It has been the cornerstone of this country in the post war period, although it has been chipped away by both parties in power when it suited them, the central commitment of if you are sick we will treat you has always been applied.

Your view is that a 13 year old child with severe disabilities should have his care provided for by his mother, rather than being given support by the state on the grounds that she is wealthy. I'm merely disagreeing.

However, there is an alternative to that now being put forward by a senior member of one of the political parties.
Bigot was in the title of the link you provided, I had not mentioned anything about the NHS being privatised, so it was a cheap shot. If you read my previous posts I was arguing about the differences parts of the NHS Social services charge for care, and how some are means tested, with many on low incomes and limited savings having to pay. Cameron himself has questioned universal benefits, that does not make him a UKIP supporter. No problem with anyone holding different views but I don't care to be linked with UKIP for a point scoring exercise distorting what I said.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't get this irrational almost foaming at the mouth hatred of Katie Price. I have a lot of time for her, if I had a large set of tit s I would have done the same and made my fortune, alas I have not so am stuck being a mortgage broker

I don't think there is an irrational hatred of Katie Price. It's more she is a figure of fun in that she would do anything, degrading herself in the progress to stay in the public and subsequently earn all these millions. She hurts no one U.S. So I doubt she is hated generally.

And anyway getting your tits done might just work for you U.S. So go for it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Probably time to get her tits done again then
You obviously haven't been watching. They've gone all wrong, she's had them removed and it's all a mess.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You obviously haven't been watching. They've gone all wrong, she's had them removed and it's all a mess.

I haven't. Usually my wife watches but after watching Katie Gobshite Hopkins, the old boy off the safe style UK adds (I SAY YOU BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE), Calumn 'Did you know my dad' Best and Perez fecking Hilton on the 1st show even she drew the line at watching that.

I can only thank Channel 5 for that car crash of a line up otherwise I'd be watching some American dressed up as a Teletubby whilst picking sweetcorn out of dog shit whilst mentioning the word xylophone once every 5 minutes as part of some bullshit task or whatever it is they have dreamt up whilst smoking pot this year.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I haven't. Usually my wife watches partakes but after watching Katie Gobshite Hopkins, the old boy off the safe style UK adds (I SAY YOU BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE), Calumn 'Did you know my dad' Best and Perez fecking Hilton on the 1st show even she drew the line at watching that.
Big mistake. Huge.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Cameron is a hypocrite as he was only too keen to claim every penny he was entitled to in benefits but demonises other people doing the same, he didn't need the money for his child care costs but still claimed it the same way he used the parliamentary expenses yet paints others as the enemy.

I wonder how many frothing at the mouth Tory boys on here claim child benefits ?

But you're claiming benefits, are you not?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
The money she has paid in tax would of helped pay for "yours and mine" hospitals, schools and a lot of other public services. I have always found it a bit ungrateful when these people who pay vast sums of money in tax and then get slatted when they dare take anything back out of the pot. I also find it equally strange that people who earn low wages and contribute very little in the way of tax and then take a lot out of the pot, are held up as "hard working" pillars of the community.

A bit OTT but who really contributes more, a low paid nurse or KP?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
With regard to the money it is costing, it doesn’t go into her pocket, it goes back into the system via the people who are employed for the service provided, and then they themselves are taxed on their earnings. The money isn’t really lost, it is distributed and recycled through the UK’s economy.

Hang on. I thought it was paid to a cabby? :wink:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think that the real recipient of any government assistance here is her son Harvey, who through no fault of his own, was born 'disabled'. Don't get me wrong, I hate everything that KP epitomises, but in this instance she is doing no worse than many, many people in claiming what she/Harvey are legally entitled to. There are hundreds of thousands of families claiming child benefit who do not need it, you don't hear of too many of them handing it back?

(Possibly one of the most magnimous things I have ever written on here, must be going soft).

Means test

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here