og-250115-l229-2225803_478x359.jpg

Chris O'Grady
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 26th January 2015
by James Hilsum
The performance and result like that is something you can take positives from."
Chris O'Grady

Brighton & Hove Albion striker Chris O'Grady wants the team to take momentum from yesterday's second-half performance against Arsenal and use it to propel themselves up the Championship table.
The striker celebrated his 29th birthday with a close-range strike five minutes after half-time to bring the Seagulls back into the game at 2-1, and he feels Albion can take pride in how they acquitted themselves, despite a narrow defeat.
He said, "Chalk and cheese is the simplest way to describe the difference between the first and second half."The game-plan went out the window in the first minute so we had until half-time to reset ourselves and then in the second half we had a go.
"We knew they could move it and had the cutting edge, but for them to score from the first attack was a shock and we were reeling from that. Then they got the second one and it took until half-time for us to take a breath.
"We realised that we had to be on the front foot and really have a go and get stuck in, rather than give them the respect and allow them to play wherever they wanted them to play.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

"When you're out there as eleven players, you're not always with each other and can't always get your messages across - but at half-time we managed to get ourselves together and we had a real go and showed the spirit we did.
"The performance and result like that is something you can take positives from. The most important thing is to move out of the position we're in, get up the league, see how we can do in the remainder of the season and take it into the next one."The striker was pleased with his own personal performance and is enjoying a renaissance in form under Chris Hughton.
"Whatever opportunities you're presented with you have to do your best and if you work hard then the rewards come and that's what I have done.
"The goal was instinctive and there were not masses of chances in the game. We have to be ready when they do come. I was pleased to stick that away, it spurred us on and almost gave us the platform to get back into the game.
"It's nice to test yourselves against these teams. It’s the best team I've ever played against and it's good to see where you're at in your career. I've worked my whole life to play in a game like this and I'm happy with how I did."
[h=3]ALBION V nottingham forest
[/h]SaturDAY 7Th febrUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V birmingham
[/h]SATURDAY 21st FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V leeds
[/h]TUesDAY 24Th FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here