Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal fans acting the big time cockney geezers

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
you obviously do or you wouldn't have replied, I'm simply telling you you're wrong , and are simply coming out with the stock bullshit about so called plastics that seems so popular amongst Brighton fans , it's ridiculous, this constant justification of your 'real' fan status.

You've got a real problem with this don't you? And no I don't care what you think, honest. I was making my point in this thread, but sorry you haven't backed up your argument at all. I never mentioned plastics, you did. I said that the majority of Arsenal fans would not know what it feels like to support their home town team (for the benefit of the whole of NSC, not your thought process which I care nothing about).

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
That's the point of it all...Most kids watch the big clubs on tele etc and just keep it that way til they grow up,sadly many don't grow up and never see their team play in the flesh.
I bet 70% of all youngsters go this way when young as did i ...They're not really plastic fans to be honest as thats a compliment.I would say they're lost and don't know what to do as they've been stuck in a time warp for years.

Why would you support liverpool or manure when you're a southerner?
What affiliation and pride do you have supporting a club that's town or city have absolutely nothing to do with you?
If you're born and bred somewhere that's your affiliation,pride and passion and that's how we can get angry at matches because we're proud of our city and roots.

It really is mind blowing how stupid these types are mmmm

i can only comment for myself but the first game i saw on tv was liverpool v leeds. liverpool won that day so as a child there i went. it wasnt about glory as liverpool didnt win too much throughout the 90s or 0tys (fa cup champs league aside) but as a adult yes it felt more important to focus closer to home

now that im a sth i intend to stay that way and as anyone who knows me would tell u i now count down the mins till match day ( like a child again lol)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
i can only comment for myself but the first game i saw on tv was liverpool v leeds. liverpool won that day so as a child there i went. it wasnt about glory as liverpool didnt win too much throughout the 90s or 0tys (fa cup champs league aside) but as a adult yes it felt more important to focus closer to home

now that im a sth i intend to stay that way and as anyone who knows me would tell u i now count down the mins till match day ( like a child again lol)

100% this

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
When you can construct a coherent sentence why not try rewriting this post ? from what I can decipher this is yet another attempt by a Brighton fan to convince himself and other people of what a 'real' fan he is, which virtually guarantees you've been going about 5 minutes and couldn't even tell me how to get to the goldstone.
I could tell you names of the roads to the goldstone if you like ,where istood and people who were around me, as ive been going since 79 and made many mates

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Plastic or not? It is not how you are defined by others that matters but what you know to be the truth about yourself that really counts .................

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
:
that hurt :lolol:
regards
DR
Glad you liked it:)As I remember we parked by the school pitches in Nevill road small car park with white chain linked fence down across the road ,by roundabout pass the greyhound stadium with orchard road on your right , around the corner into newtern road north stand was then a short walk pass the goldstone rock ,across the OSR and in ,from my memory so might not be spot on .:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
:
Glad you liked it:)As I remember we parked by the school pitches in Nevill road small car park with white chain linked fence down across the road ,by roundabout pass the greyhound stadium with orchard road on your right , around the corner into newtern road north stand was then a short walk pass the goldstone rock ,across the OSR and in ,from my memory so might not be spot on .:thumbsup:
you're on google maps then or someone's wrote it down for you :facepalm:

regards
DR

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
As I said its been a long time ,thought I did a good job .:)

You've had a shocker! Orchard Road would be on your right if you were walking up towards the greyhound stadium. And you wouldn't touch Newtown Road at any point if you were going into the North Stand from the route you described. Unless you did a detour via France! Which seems more likely!

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
You've had a shocker! Orchard Road would be on your right if you were walking up towards the greyhound stadium. And you wouldn't touch Newtown Road at any point if you were going into the North Stand from the route you described. Unless you did a detour via France! Which seems more likely!

True but depends which end of orchard road you walk past ,you were walking up past the ATS with hove park tavern behind you ,where as I was heading to the park with the old unused greyhound turnstiles on you left

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
True but depends which end of orchard road you walk past ,you were walking up past the ATS with hove park tavern behind you ,where as I was heading to the park with the old unused greyhound turnstiles on you left

I wasn't walking anywhere near that mate. I was rolling out of the Exchange at 5 to 3 and hitting Newtown Road good & proper!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here