Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG on his way then....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh don't say that, for Christ's sake.
No prizes for guessing how I react to that, at least I've given up locking horns of NSC's number 1 exponent of:-
'silence, silence, silence, shout, shout, shout, silence'.
Strangely enough he's not be posting much recently.

Your posting style is getting tedious. You "love" how NSC appears to change their opinion with the wind, apparently. It's very dull, and it's not even true. Firstly, he was totally ineffective under Hyypia, so it's not unreasonable that some people formed that opinion of him, even if was clearly (with hindsight) Semi's fault. Secondly, he'd played fantastically well in January. Would you rather people who slated him just stuck with their earlier opinion of him, that he was shite? You're whinging that not enough people are saying "I was wrong about COG". Well, again, this is drivel - there are tons of people who are saying exactly that. It's like you want to ignore these people to make some tiresome point about how well round rounded you are compared to "the mongs on NSC" or whatever you privately regard the forum contributors.

How about YOU take a look at your own rubbish - you've been a CMS fanboy since day one, and many of us have been telling you he's not up to it from day one. Where's YOUR post that says "I'm sorry I was wrong about McSmudger all along, he's not good enough". Because it seems he isn't and Hughton doesn't want to play him. Or is that OK, just because you started out all positive even though you were clearly WRONG about him?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your posting style is getting tedious. You "love" how NSC appears to change their opinion with the wind, apparently. It's very dull, and it's not even true. Firstly, he was totally ineffective under Hyypia, so it's not unreasonable that some people formed that opinion of him, even if was clearly (with hindsight) Semi's fault. Secondly, he'd played fantastically well in January. Would you rather people who slated him just stuck with their earlier opinion of him, that he was shite? You're whinging that not enough people are saying "I was wrong about COG". Well, again, this is drivel - there are tons of people who are saying exactly that. It's like you want to ignore these people to make some tiresome point about how well round rounded you are compared to "the mongs on NSC" or whatever you privately regard the forum contributors.

How about YOU take a look at your own rubbish - you've been a CMS fanboy since day one, and many of us have been telling you he's not up to it from day one. Where's YOUR post that says "I'm sorry I was wrong about McSmudger all along, he's not good enough". Because it seems he isn't and Hughton doesn't want to play him. Or is that OK, just because you started out all positive even though you were clearly WRONG about him?
You are right I do need to change the record, and hopefully I can.
As for CMS that'll come when he goes, and it'll be a shame when that happens, probably later this week.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You are right I do need to change the record, and hopefully I can.
As for CMS that'll come when he goes, and it'll be a shame when that happens, probably later this week.

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you. I just feel that this is a forum where newly held opinions ought to be encouraged, and this sort of high and mighty "I love it how" above-it-all nonsense gets on my tits. There's nothing clever about holding onto an opinion if it's wrong. Equally, there's nothing wrong with committing to the opinon that CMS is shite if that's what you think. You don't have to wait until he leaves the club - that's a bit DRIPPY.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
CMS nearly came on (he wastripped and ready) then Ballbag scored so CH told him to sit down.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm happy to admit I was wrong. In fact having slagged him in match reports I've praised him very much in my Arsenal one. I know I owe the guy an apology and when I get more time I'll post one. Just shows you the clueless Finn did even more damage than we suspected.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I'm happy to admit I was wrong. In fact having slagged him in match reports I've praised him very much in my Arsenal one. I know I owe the guy an apology and when I get more time I'll post one. Just shows you the clueless Finn did even more damage than we suspected.

This. I was slagging him off left right and center. I was completely wrong

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you. I just feel that this is a forum where newly held opinions ought to be encouraged, and this sort of high and mighty "I love it how" above-it-all nonsense gets on my tits. There's nothing clever about holding onto an opinion if it's wrong. Equally, there's nothing wrong with committing to the opinon that CMS is shite if that's what you think. You don't have to wait until he leaves the club - that's a bit DRIPPY.

Give us a chance.
I'm currently going cold turkey by not leaping to McSmudgers defence.
Learn your stages of grief,man. :lolol:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Give us a chance.
I'm currently going cold turkey by not leaping to McSmudgers defence.
Learn your stages of grief,man. :lolol:

Ha Ha ... as someone who has liberated himself of the CMS idolisation, let me tell you it's not all that bad once you pluck up the courage and just go for it

He's friggin useless, can't control a ball, makes random runs and doesn't bring anyone else into play.

You see that wasn't difficult :)

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The problem is footballers up north can live in a nice house which only costs £300k but if they were to move to Brighton an equivalent property would be well over a million.

COG bought a place last year on Shoreham Beach for £1.5m, cash.

His kids go to Shoreham College and left when he went back to Sheffield a few weeks ago, they are now back and enrolled at Shoreham College again. Well, they were last week, I cannot vouch for today.

I think/hope he will stay as it is quite an upheaval for his kids if they get taken out of school to go back up north again. Plus, he has been quality since Hyppia's sacking/resignation.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
We don't need to renege... the deal was we had to replace COG with one more striker other than Leon Best... whoops, we've not managed to find the right one, sorry United.

Goldstone Green

Jan 19, 2015
His kids go to school in Barnsley, college? , do you think he had kids when he was 12 :lolol:! The house in Shoreham was rented, he didn`t travel down south with £1.5 million in a suitcase. He`ll be a Blade this window. :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good deal for him and the club he is not the way to win the league next season. Plenty of effort lacking in skill.
I don't agree. You don't have to be a world beater to win the league. Look at Daryl Murphy at Ipswich - bang ordinary on the face of it, but Ipswich could easily win the league. Similar story with Sako at Wolves or Gray at Brentford.

Even looking back decades, I remember Leeds won the title with Lee Chapman leading the line and no-one has ever pretended he was a world beater.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
His kids go to school in Barnsley, college? , do you think he had kids when he was 12 :lolol:! The house in Shoreham was rented, he didn`t travel down south with £1.5 million in a suitcase. He`ll be a Blade this window. :(

His kids do not go to school in Barnsley, they are in Shoreham. Guess what, you do not need to have a suitcase to pay £1.5m for a house in cash, an American Express Centurion Card would suffice..

I am not sure what you are on but I don't want any.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Good deal for him and the club he is not the way to win the league next season. Plenty of effort lacking in skill.

What skill is he lacking in a Championship striker? He's strong, even CB's bounce off him. He can bring others into play, spot their runs and play a decent ball. He's got a half good shot and his energy levels seem to be all there, albeit not hugely fast. No record of niggly injuries. Not sure how good he is in the air, can't comment on that.

I suppose he is 29 and a Yorkie who came 'cheap' from Barnsley ... other than that what is it you're looking for and assuming TB doesn't want to pour his money down the drain ad infinitum

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Firstly, he was totally ineffective under Hyypia, so it's not unreasonable that some people formed that opinion of him, even if was clearly (with hindsight) Semi's fault.
How much game time did he get under Sami? Was it enough for people to be so sure he was shit?

Where's YOUR post that says "I'm sorry I was wrong about McSmudger all along, he's not good enough".
I think it's better to support a player and turn out to be wrong about them, than to slag one off and turn out to be wrong. Our players deserve our support unless they're not making the effort.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Shoreham College is a private school that takes kids from 3-16.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why did we agree a fee before Hughton had a real look at him? A 300k loss in 6 months on the player who is currently our best striker. Absolute disgrace.

This is pretty standard for how we deal with our best strikers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How much game time did he get under Sami? Was it enough for people to be so sure he was shit?

I think it's better to support a player and turn out to be wrong about them, than to slag one off and turn out to be wrong. Our players deserve our support unless they're not making the effort.

People form their opinions on what they see. If he is only played in 6 games and appears ineffective and people come on here to report what they see, I fail to see the problem.

As for your second point, you appear to be struggling over the difference between supporting our players when it matters (at the game when they're on the pitch playing for our team), and posting an opinion on an internet forum. If I was CMS or O'Grady going through a rough patch, and if I was a sensitive soul, I think I'd give ANY internet forum a wide berth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here