Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was stockdale at fault?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He takes an age to get down and looks over weight to me (probably the reason he takes so long to get down). While not being at fault for any of the goals, they were all close enough to him to do better. Top goalies might save them but we're not a top team.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Funny there are always negative Stockdale threads which ignore the three excellent saves he made, although his haters will say they were basic saves any keeper should make

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Rosicky's shot was hit so well, it was almost past him before he'd even seen it. I know he's had his critics this season, but I don't think he could have done an awful lot more with that one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was left really exposed for all three goals, if he'd got a hand to any of the three very well hit shots it would have been a wonder save. No blame from me

Jul 17, 2014
Couldn't see the third goal as Dunk was right in his view. It is clear from the BT replays that he can't see a thing as Dunk steps right in front. So, no. Great game Stockdale.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The 3rd looked straight at him.

Sorry, but he just doesn't convince me.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
No, and he pulled of some great saves , and the ball has to go through ten other people before its down to him to stop a goal going in,

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Definitely not. Those contending the 3rd goal, not only was it a flying strike but he was unsighted by Dunk as well.

And seriously, what is all this b*llocks about him being overweight?

albionite

May 20, 2009
I have been one of the stockdale knockers but can't see how anyone could blame him for the goals today.

He has improved a lot since early season, still a little way to go for me to think he was worth £1m:whistle:( happy when they prove me wrong when I'm negative about them) but more than good enough to be our No1.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To be fair, if Stockdale doesn't convince you after his recent performances, then you're clueless. He's been one of our best two best players in the last two months. I genuinely don't understand some fans.

:lolol:

Ok mate. How many games is that?

Obviously the lions share of the season when he was gash doesn't count then?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

You'd assume from the fact he said that Stockdale has improved recently that he's admitting he wasn't brilliant for the first few months of the season, no?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You'd assume from the fact he said that Stockdale has improved recently that he's admitting he wasn't brilliant for the first few months of the season, no?

No , I said I'm still not convinced, (read back a bit) even after some good performances.

Seems I'm clueless though.

So I'll finish by saying I think he's brilliant.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

He clearly wasn't gash. It became a popular NSC opinion to slag him off. He was okay for the first few months and has been brilliant since returning from injury (and in that Rotherham game before he was injured) so that's most of the season. As I said earlier, if you're not convinced by that then it's not worth debating with you and you're never going to be convinced.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

No it does not, we are talking about his current fom. The lions share of the season was under Hip Hip Hooray, who did not have a clue, thus ensuring that the rest of the squad were gash also, no one stood out in that period, now see how the they have stepped up to the mark. Give credit where credit is due, and that certainly applies to Stockers.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Holla gave the third away, Bennett the first. Stockdale blameless

Baldock shirley? Dunk needed to be tighter also.

Chambers beat Baldock because Bennett was WAY out of position. In fact you look at the first two goals and despair. Massive hole down our left, no one near Walcott for goal one, no one challenging Rosicky for goal two. He's still a class act but I wouldn't have been given that much space in the final ten minutes of a veterans game so no wonder he played that pass. At full speed I thought Stockdale could have done a lot better with the third which looked to me to have gone in down the centre from just outside the box. Looking at it on TV it actually went in a bit more to his right than I had thought and he was unsighted.

That's a long way of saying "no".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here