Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC - Please God make this the last time we have to watch him play in an Albion shirt...

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
JFC is the weak link in midfield without a doubt, and now hopefully with the signing of Kayal and Dale on his way back then he won't get a start - I personally would loan him out in the January window

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You haven't quoted anyone. Are you referring to JFC since the thread is about him, or Holla since the last few posts veered towards him? If the former, no, it was Holla, if the latter, yes. Also, it was Rosicky who skied the ball to the edge of the arsenal box in the build up to our first goal. So both seemed to make mistakes and make amends.

Highlights here:

I still have no idea what Casper's plan was with that free kick, I'm convinced if TK had played we would of won the game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You haven't quoted anyone. Are you referring to JFC since the thread is about him, or Holla since the last few posts veered towards him? If the former, no, it was Holla, if the latter, yes. Also, it was Rosicky who skied the ball to the edge of the arsenal box in the build up to our first goal. So both seemed to make mistakes and make amends.

Highlights here:

Oops, wrong ones.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom

Highlights here:

Sorry, I was referring to JFC because of the op's comment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The lad has played a hell of a lot of football, not forgetting the travelling time, since the end of the regular season last year.

I'll hazard a guess he's played considerably more minutes/travelled miles than Sterling.
Who gets 10 days in the Caribbean, whileJFC has to go to Blackpool and play on a ploughed field.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In an ideal world, we would have had Stephens, Crofts, Marsh and KLL fit for most of the season. In that case JFC would have had a few matches, been on the bench for others, and would not have had the spotlight on him to the same degree.

Instead he has played nearly every match, his shortcomings and inexperience have been exposed, and now he's the subject of a lynch mob mentality from some.

IMO he's okay, would like us to have been in the position to bring on someone better at times, but honestly can't think who else we would have played instead. It's a bit like playing Barnes as the sole striker last season when Ulloa and CMS were injured/suspended. Not brilliant, but better than the alternatives on offer at the time.

This just about sums it up perfectly. As does @Symjym's earlier comment.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
JFC getting a number of critical texts on SCR. Another bad day at the office for JFC then....

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I think the main reason JFC gets the stick he does is due to the lack of progress we've seen since he broke in to the team.

When he made his debut aged 16, and got a run of games at 18 he looked like he was going to be the next big thing and we'd be lucky to hold on to him as a host of Premier League clubs would be interested in him. However, he's not a terrible play currently, but he's not significantly better than he was 2 years ago. The lack of progression is what frustrates most people I'd assume, rather than a lack of talent.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I think the main reason JFC gets the stick he does is due to the lack of progress we've seen since he broke in to the team.

When he made his debut aged 16, and got a run of games at 18 he looked like he was going to be the next big thing and we'd be lucky to hold on to him as a host of Premier League clubs would be interested in him. However, he's not a terrible play currently, but he's not significantly better than he was 2 years ago. The lack of progression is what frustrates most people I'd assume, rather than a lack of talent.

for me its not the lack of progression - its the lack of anything. of all the home games i;ve seen this year, he has done 1 thing once which was slightly interesting. other than that he is a waste of space & is blocking the place of someone else who could do a better job (could do, as we wont know because he is always bloody there (in the team))

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Thank heavens JFC is not in the starting line up today. I think we will be more direct and creative with March and Teixeira in from the whistle.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We missed him today. I hope you lot are proud!

Does Hughton pick his team based on the opinions and poll outcomes of NSC?

Would've made no difference anyway; JFC isn't a defender and you can't expect to win a game if you concede 3 goals from as many shots.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We missed him today. I hope you lot are proud!
You are obviously a sandwich short mate.....our midfield was far more stable than usual......but why the hell did the new guy only arrive on 84 mins.....poor defensive setup from the start.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The way CH seems to be setting the team up, basically Tex and JFC are in direct competition for the same place - and Tex is a better player than JFC, end of. No disrespect to JFC. I do think it would be good for him to go out on loan for a bit, though - just to give him a break from all the flak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here