Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC - Please God make this the last time we have to watch him play in an Albion shirt...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure if you did one for every player they would have had more notable moments that JFC.

I have. I note particularly negative contributions, too, but as the question from Mothy seemed to be about what good things he has done, I only included that. Some have lots, some have little. Stockdale for instance is involved in incidents in lots of games - particularly notable save, goals conceded he should have done better with, near goals he relied on others for, etc. Dunk as our top scorer and a defender who would be involved in stopping goals, too, is involved a lot. The defensive midfield role doesn't lend itself to a lot of goal scoring opportunities as attacking players, not as many goal line clearances as defenders, etc.

I try to take my own opinion out of it as much as possible, so if it's not clear factual things it's based on the opinion of the commentators (for away games), or general fan consensus on here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
JFC's not Gardner-dreadful, obviously. He's not a *terrible* player. But I think he's very much a making-up-the-numbers type player who is easily brushed aside and often lets the game pass him by. If Crofts was fit, then with the form Ince is showing I don't think JFC would even get a sniff. I'm hoping this Kayal chap will bring that bit more guile and presence to the middle of the park in the way Crofts did at his best, so that JFC can be dropped and we can have a chance of really bossing the midfield without being held back by passengers.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The whole midfield was over run in the first half hour. The shape was wrong and the effort misplaced. Once Hughton sorted that out Ince, Holla and yes JFC played really well. People forget JFC and Ince are both still young players and will make mistakes. Doesn't make them bad players.

I made a point of watching JFC closely for the first 25 minutes or so of the second half. He made absolutely NO contribution to the team for the whole period. He jogged around and backward and forward between the 2 penalty areas for the whole 25 minutes. Occasionally he directed other players to keep the ball away from him, he never once "showed" for the ball and he was perpetually at least 20 yards away from the ball. Only twice did he break out of his trot when he attempted to make tackles, failing to win the ball on both occasions. I'm sorry to contradict those who see something good about him. Today he was totally disengaged and I just got angrier and angrier with his performance. I don't know what it us about him, maybe he thinks he's better than us, but right now we are carrying him and IMO his name should be nowhere near a Brighton & Hove Albion starting 11.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe having a 25ft poster of him on the side of the stadium has gone to his head a bit.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton fans do have a fairly inglorious recent history when it comes to witch hunts about certain players, and to be honest haven't seen him live as much as many on here this season - but he certainly wasn't great today.

There is a tempo thing that just wasn't there. When Arsenal are cutting you to pieces, jogging around doing next to nothing isn't an option.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
It'll take more than a season to improve. Some players, take Ince for example, burst on to the scene early and seem to improve with every outing where as others take more time to make noticeable progression. It's highly likely that the coaches, manager and player (JFC) will see progression much sooner than we (the fans) will as we will most likely only notice progression that comes on in leaps and bounds. He's still relatively young and this season has been the first season he's been a regular in our first team. The criticism he receives on here, some of which is justified, is often totally over the top though and it seems to have become somewhat of a scapegoating vendetta rather than giving constructive feedback.

This.

Never ceases to amaze me the extent to which people trash him, considering he is merely twenty years old and a product of our academy (not saying that makes him immune from criticism but you'd think the fans would be more supportive of one of our most successful youth products of recent times).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This.

Never ceases to amaze me the extent to which people trash him, considering he is merely twenty years old and a product of our academy (not saying that makes him immune from criticism but you'd think the fans would be more supportive of one of our most successful youth products of recent times).

I'm sorry mate but he did f**k all for 90% of the game today and people are absolutely within their rights to have a go at him. I will support any Albion player that gives their all on the pitch, he gives f**k all.

D

Deleted member 2719

Surprise surprise let's all hate and slate JFC.
You have your opinions but all I see is a guy in the stripes working his nuts off.
When are you guys going get off the lads back? After a hat trick, after a Ryan giggs style goal.match after match I hear the sheep bleating on about the lad, yep you guessed it the premiership Barnes knockers.
Change the record guys lets leave it to Hughton.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Surprise surprise let's all hate and slate JFC.
You have your opinions but all I see is a guy in the stripes working his nuts off.
When are you guys going get off the lads back? After a hat trick, after a Ryan giggs style goal.match after match I hear the sheep bleating on about the lad, yep you guessed it the premiership Barnes knockers.
Change the record guys lets leave it to Hughton.

I don't hate him, he went to the same school as my lads and is a decent youngster. Unfortunately the team is better without him as results and performances have proved. I hope he develops in to an Albion legend......eventually.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm sorry mate but he did f**k all for 90% of the game today and people are absolutely within their rights to have a go at him. I will support any Albion player that gives their all on the pitch, he gives f**k all.

Not questioning their or your right to criticise at all, far from it. It's the extent to which he's getting it in the neck which I feel is disproportionate. I mean, someone calling him one of the worst midfielders he's ever seen play for the club? Get real.

I thought he put in a good shift today in terms of effort, the 90% non-application figure you've suggested is frankly bizarre.

He wouldn't make my first XI at the moment though, Tex would have been a certain starter had it not been for illness and even then had Stephens been fit he would have got the place for me.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I am another who watched him closely today and i am not sure why but he either looks very unfit or is just knackered at the moment.He just jogs about the pitch in auto pilot most of the time. over 90 minutes or normally 75ish he contributes so little it is laughable.
It was such a relief to see a player getting involved,offering for the ball ,running at players,passing and then moving forward and even scoring a couple of goals against Ipswich.I know Tex hasn't been brilliant all season but at least he has it in his locker.JFC is one of the few midfielders who has been given a long run in the team but you know what you are going to get from him game after game.The fact he is 'a local lad from our academy' is irrelevant,i just hope Hughton sees through the hype early on.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not questioning their or your right to criticise at all, far from it. It's the extent to which he's getting it in the neck which I feel is disproportionate. I mean, someone calling him one of the worst midfielders he's ever seen play for the club? Get real.

I thought he put in a good shift today in terms of effort, the 90% non-application figure you've suggested is frankly bizarre.

He wouldn't make my first XI at the moment though, Tex would have been a certain starter had it not been for illness and even then had Stephens been fit he would have got the place for me.

I would have given everything I had today out there had I been playing, but when you were having beers with your mates after the game you would have all said...

...that Bladders was ****ing shit today. How does he get in the team?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'd like those who think the criticism of JFC is harsh to actually back up their arguments with what they think he does really well that enhances the teams performance.

All i read is that we're all being mean, and he's a replacement for Barnes as a scapegoat, but no reall analysis of what it is that he does really well which we couldn't live without.

Tell us what we would be losing if JFC was dropped.

I'm all ears...........

Anyone? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here