Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who remembers these Indie one hit wonders?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In your mind have you merged Brand New Heavies and New Radicals into a single band?

What an album Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too is. Gregg Alexander a bit of a genius, but what a weird CV since the New Radicals...

Yes, yes I have mixed them up. And you're right, I think Gregg Alexander has written some appalling tunes for that bloke from Boyzone amongst others.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Cornershop may have had the one hit but a great band with several very good albums. Also worthy of note are Clinton who were a side project.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
That song 'Secret Smile' bugs the f*ck out of me. Those lyrics are absolute toss:

"Nobody knows it but you've got a secret smile and you use it only for me"

If it's a secret then of course nobody else knows about it, you nobs. And then that bit about using it 'only for me' - that's all a bit "I know something you don't" and no-one likes a smug git.

And the song is MOR hell. Horrible song.
I think it might be a thinly veiled reference to her lady garden [emoji2]

Great tunes in there though!

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'd disagree with Peter, Bjorn and John being one-hit wonders. They're still going very strong. Also EMF had a whole string of hits from their Schubert Dip album. A great feel good band.

Any from that list the proper one-hit wonders that are complete classics are Bran Van 3000's 'Drinking in LA' - an absolute peach of a tune and the album from it (escapes my name) is quite sublime. The other monster tune is Brand New Radicals 'Get What You Give'. That is a top tune in anyone's language.

spot on. I saw EMF loads in the 90's normally supporting Carter USM and other great acts. Top band

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reef once did a speeded up version of The Jam's, That's Entertainment on TFI Friday

The singer was part human, part orangutang I seem to remember.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Some good songs in there.

Who remembers a band called Mansun? I loved a track of theirs back in my youth called Bein' a Girl

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here