Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football people who are just impossible to dislike

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The late Sir Bobby Robson for me, a true gent and much respected in the game.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Despite the Palace connection, Kevin Phillips? Proper model pro, and a nice guy as well. Had the pleasure of meeting him on holiday in Spain, he had just been released by Birmingham and was very, very interested in signing for us. Been pretty complimentary about the Albion ever since I believe...

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Ignacio Calderon ... I love him, and if the club ever let him go, I'll be seriously miffed.
Chris Kamara... The worst, but most entertaining pundit ever, oozes charisma.
Sir Bobby Charlton...Great Player, and a gentleman.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
All seconded except Huth.

I might turn this into a "impossible to dislike" world cup, but not now obviously. Nothing must detract from the Hardest Animal competition.

That would be good.

I'm a naturally glass half full see the best in everyone kind of person but can not believe Steve Bruce has been mentioned.

Apart from being a potato faced ex man u whinger, he will walk out on any job if something better comes up, all the while playing the honest as the day is long working class boy card.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I still have a clear image in my mind of a world cup where Cahill viciously hacks down a Japanese (I think) fellow who if anything seriously underplays the clattering he has received. Cahill proceeds to give him a volley of spit flecked abuse while making diving gestures. Very easy to dislike for me.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Another shout from Nooney here, had the pleasure of watching my ex literally gush all over him in person, to the point he was quite embarrassed in the end, but a lovely fella and was a bit gutted when he left us, he must have been worth his contract in goodwill in the changing rooms alone.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Roger Milla once instigated a government programme to get pygmy tribes playing football. But they ate too much food and it was alleged that they were locked up in cupboards to control them. I read this in a book somewhere. The things that are locked in my brain!!!! No wonder the missus complains when I cant even change a light bulb.

Thanks for that made me chuckle, Im going to research this and bring it up in discussion after a few jars on Sunday. I like Roger even more now!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'll kick off with:

Sean Dyche
Peter Crouch
Tim Cahill
Marco Van Basten

You obviously havnt actually met Tim Cahill in person. Great footballr and really dedicated but as a person he is a pure Nob Edd and so up his own arse

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Such a shame we will never get to see him paired with Leon Knight up front in football. The old, wise head alongside the young, hungry striker so willing to learn...could have been the new Shearer and Sheringham.

Leon Knight paired up with Nile Ranger for an Albion frontline!! That has all the makings of a football and commercial disaster to the extent that it could just work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here