Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup archive: Brighton 4-0 Manchester City, 1983 fourth round

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
My first ever game at the Goldstone. Sat in the west stand and loved it. An introduction to the Albion I'll never forget

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
My first ever game at the Goldstone. Sat in the west stand and loved it. An introduction to the Albion I'll never forget

Was my first ever Albion game at the age of 13. What a first game to see. A pity that the majority of next 32 years have been shit.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Does anyone want to see extended highlights of this game? I'll see if I can get round to posting those up if you do.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Great day that was. Excellent play by the late great Tony Grealish,

I agree with Enerst. We were an excellent team and we didn't perform in too many games!

Jan 30, 2008
Don't recall the guvnors bossing afterwards???????
it'a while back Rev, i remember they came down lower east terrace . what went on that you know about i can't comment on although they've turned up on more than one occasion at the Goldstone so i might be getting my wires crossed some where down the line
regards
DR

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Remember it well, it was a tough time for me as I'd just dropped out of Uni and was back home on the dole. Hitched a lift to that game from the A23 Patcham with a hungover set of City lads in a Salford Van Hire transit. No seats in the back, they'd been driving all night. Good banter, and we arranged to have a beer afterwards. They never showed up. A like to think I would have done if we'd lost 0-4.

Love the way Robbo ran over to the away end to celebrate in front of his former team's fans. None of this 'no celebrating' malarkey.

PG

Robbo was virtually unplayable that afternoon. Forget all that league title/European Cup winners medal with Liverpool stuff...his greatest game :)

it'a while back Rev, i remember they came down lower east terrace . what went on that you know about i can't comment on although they've turned up on more than one occasion at the Goldstone so i might be getting my wires crossed some where down the line
regards
DR

Hand a stand off in the Tell one year,suggested if we were not gonna fight might as well have a beer together,it was a good idea???

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
"ooh can't wait to see who we get in the next round"

"How about Liverpool away?"

"Nah, I fancy someone we can beat and maybe go all the way to Wembley"

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
14 year old Moshe can be seen on there celebrating Robbo's goal (down the front behind Corrigan). It is one of only two bits of televised Albion footage where I know I can see myself. The other is the news coverage of the Lincoln game half-time protest.

Presumably people on here have their own "you can see me on the telly" Albion moments - some more than others...

Moshe can you remember some lad giving corrigan loads of shit all game one off my great memories of the north stand he was relentless in telling Joseph Corrigan how crap he was lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here