Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Cool fans'

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
It really ain't that bad, is it? 4 of them look pretty normal! Which as a percentage is a better than many an Albion away following I've seen over the years! The bald guy in the blue (who I think I saw in WSU last night) is clearly taking the p*ss with his making love to the camera eyes. Funny.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The bald guy in the blue (who I think I saw in WSU last night) is clearly taking the p*ss with his making love to the camera eyes. Funny.

Hahahaha! I think he's got the same look Uncle Monty had in Withnail and I: "I mean to have you boy even if it means burglary"

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Irresistible to the media whores.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Parody or not, cool or not, whatever people think... or not - the people in the video are clearly typical of those who the club shop order the Albion branded (non-playing/training) clothing for, i.e. those for whom a trip to Millets is a classy day out.

Tough to find anything in the team shop that counts as 'cool', but then I guess this is the world of pies, unwashed hands and piss dribbling into your socks after all. :wrong:

I haven't purchased anything from the club shop for over a decade, never been in a Millets and shake vigorously after urinating.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
BT Sport has 3m+ subscribers and they are in tens of thousands of pubs etc.

God i've never seen such a lot of unwarranted fuss for something that cost nothing, they hardly had to hire the venue did they ??, and is meant to be tongue in cheek. What a miserable bunch.

Especially as the fans involved are , afaik, nearly all NSC regulars and clearly don't mind taking the fun out of themselves, presumably for free/in their own time. And all credit to them for doing so.

We're hosting BT Sport on Sunday afternoon which is the obvious, if not smart, reason we've done this and its a fairly mild dig at Robbie Savage, Michael Owen who 've responded by taking it in the spirit intended and sharing it online today.

Talks of sacking the "marketing kids" and personal attacks at those in the film is embarrassing.

Well said.

I took a lot of stick last night, to put it mildly!

It is nowehere near as bad, or as tinpot, as 'Spanish Day' which people should have been brought to task for, especially as two of the 'Spanairds' were Basque, the equivalent of calling a Rangers fan Catholic.

The fact, as Jem alluded to, it's been retweeted by some big hitters means its done its job.

If people have nothing better to do than moan and criticise then they should really get a life.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The bald guy in the blue (who I think I saw in WSU last night) is clearly taking the p*ss with his making love to the camera eyes. Funny.

Nope, he probably wasn't taking the piss :)

And yes, you would have seen him in WSU last night.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This seems a massive over-reaction to a 10 second clip of a few blokes walking about a bit.

As the people in the video are relatively well known by a large number of people who post on this thread, then what has been said needs to be taken in context. This is nothing more than ripping the piss out of your mates/work colleagues.

So before anybody gets all moralistic and precious on here (ah too late) just think what would YOU do if your friend or some mildly annoying bloke at work was involved in this on scree? If it's anything other than taking the Mickey then I would be surprised

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well the daily mirror have picked up on it and have covered it in a positive way
An online vote is currently showing that 80% of people prefer the bhafc one to the BT sport version

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
BT Sport has 3m+ subscribers and they are in tens of thousands of pubs etc.

God i've never seen such a lot of unwarranted fuss for something that cost nothing, they hardly had to hire the venue did they ??, and is meant to be tongue in cheek. What a miserable bunch.

Especially as the fans involved are , afaik, nearly all NSC regulars and clearly don't mind taking the fun out of themselves, presumably for free/in their own time. And all credit to them for doing so.

We're hosting BT Sport on Sunday afternoon which is the obvious, if not smart, reason we've done this and its a fairly mild dig at Robbie Savage, Michael Owen who 've responded by taking it in the spirit intended and sharing it online today.

Talks of sacking the "marketing kids" and personal attacks at those in the film is embarrassing.

Well that saved me a job, thanks [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION].

I would have thought it was obvious it was a bit of fun ahead of BT Sport coming to the Amex on Sunday.

Is this what happens when things are going right ON the pitch? People start bitching and moaning about a harmless video?

My word, some fans of this club are awfully precious...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And surely the use of the word 'cool' is just because that's what's in the BT Sport ad?

It's not as if anything to do with the BHAFC one is actually meant to be taken seriously as 'cool'.

I think there's been some serious 'whooshing' going on here with our supporters ???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As the people in the video are relatively well known by a large number of people who post on this thread, then what has been said needs to be taken in context. This is nothing more than ripping the piss out of your mates/work colleagues.

So before anybody gets all moralistic and precious on here (ah too late) just think what would YOU do if your friend or some mildly annoying bloke at work was involved in this on scree? If it's anything other than taking the Mickey then I would be surprised

Spot on! I would call it a jolly good ribbing. Crikey I even shared a flat with one of them for a year!! I will take the piss all I want frankly!!
J

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here