Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Did it? I always assumed it was at halftime based on the quotes from Olly around not needing a team talk. OK.

Here you go, Holloways comments in the Daily Mail

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway has thanked the culprit who left excrement in his side’s dressing room before their play-off win over Brighton.
Palace were greeted by the sight when they arrived at the Amex Stadium for last Monday’s second leg.
Brighton have since apologised for the incident and opened an investigation

I like this comment from him: ‘I don’t hold that against people because I believe things like that come back on you.

Well lets hope this really comes back on you and Palace, Holloway.

And he then goes on to say:

‘You have to act with dignity. I believe that Brighton have. I trust Brighton will deal with it in the right way. I didn’t talk about it because I didn’t need to. If they’ve come out with it, that’s their choice. I thank them for the gift of a bottle of wine I was given by their owners because I did tell them about it.
‘I felt they needed to know that something has to be sharpened up in their ground.
‘Someone got into our dressing room who shouldn’t have and they’ve responded to it very well,’ he added

Now someone from the Palace board needs to act with dignity as Holloway calls it and make a public apology to Brighton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-thanks-Brighton-excrement-changing-room.html

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Here you go, Holloways comments in the Daily Mail

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway has thanked the culprit who left excrement in his side’s dressing room before their play-off win over Brighton.
Palace were greeted by the sight when they arrived at the Amex Stadium for last Monday’s second leg.
Brighton have since apologised for the incident and opened an investigation
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-thanks-Brighton-excrement-changing-room.html

I like the way these Nigels speculate on what they think happened as a counter argument to what is already known incontrovertibly as fact.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Did it? I always assumed it was at halftime based on the quotes from Olly around not needing a team talk. OK.

The team talk happens before the game and at half time.

Olly had a go at Poyet about it on the side of the pitch before the game started. Poyet looked confused by it all and it certainly put him in a different frame of mind for the game after this confrontation.

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
I like the way these Nigels speculate on what they think happened as a counter argument to what is already known incontrovertibly as fact.

You know what - I was going to respond to that. But I won't.

Thank you Spanish Flair for the link - I stand corrected. (I did say that I assumed it was a halftime thing, not - as others have done - stating it as fact).

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
The team talk happens before the game and at half time.

Olly had a go at Poyet about it on the side of the pitch before the game started. Poyet looked confused by it all and it certainly put him in a different frame of mind for the game after this confrontation.

The footage I always remember was Olly talking to Gus as they came out for the second half - so that is where I am getting confused obviously.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

Please explain what is "known incontrovertibly" as opposed to what is surmised by Paddy McCarthy? For example, the documented admission of the named driver, I seem to have missed that.

At the end of the day, everyone is going with their best guess until actual evidence comes out.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Please explain what is "known incontrovertibly" as opposed to what is surmised by Paddy McCarthy? For example, the documented admission of the named driver, I seem to have missed that.

At the end of the day, everyone is going with their best guess until actual evidence comes out.

When it was rumoured to be one of our lot you could hardly contain yourself with excitement could you? Now it 'may very well be' one of your we all have to be sensible and reserve judgement. Ok then.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
When it was rumoured to be one of our lot you could hardly contain yourself with excitement could you? Now it 'may very well be' one of your we all have to be sensible and reserve judgement. Ok then.

Good point, I should have put "In my opinion". I'm not going to tell you what to think. :thumbsup:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

It's pointless trying to reason with them.

They've got their heads so far up their arses that they're basically licking their own tonsils.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's pointless trying to reason with them.

They've got their heads so far up their arses that they're basically licking their own tonsils.

One of them still couldn't comprehend the suggested timeline of events of when the team kit was dropped off at The Amex and came up with a Back To The Future trilogy hypothesis over the course of several pages :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When it was rumoured to be one of our lot you could hardly contain yourself with excrement could you? Now it 'may very well be' one of your we all have to be sensible and reserve judgement. Ok then.

Corrected for you :thumbsup:

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
One of them still couldn't comprehend the suggested timeline of events of when the team kit was dropped off at The Amex and came up with a Back To The Future trilogy hypothesis over the course of several pages :lol:

Get over it nobby. You wouldn't give a toss if you hadn't been dire in the 2nd half against us. Not as if that game had a big influence on our futures...

Haven't you got Arsenal on Sunday? Get your clackers and bully firm out and remember how 'classy' you are.

albionite

May 20, 2009
So if you have moved onto better things why the f*** are you on here? Sad twats boring the f*** out of all of us.
Get over it nobby. You wouldn't give a toss if you hadn't been dire in the 2nd half against us. Not as if that game had a big influence on our futures...

Haven't you got Arsenal on Sunday? Get your clackers and bully firm out and remember how 'classy' you are.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Bit of news.
The coach driver alledged to have carried out the dastardly deed is supposedly an ex professional footballer.
He was good in the air.......

But shit on the ground :shit::shit::shit:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Obviously we don't normally ban people for being complete c**ks - there'd be no Palace fans left on NSC if we did.

But there is no excuse ever for being unfunny and boring. So let's BAN this gimp like the rest of 'em.

Bit of news.
The coach driver alledged to have carried out the dastardly deed is supposedly an ex professional footballer.
He was good in the air.......

But shit on the ground :shit::shit::shit:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Obviously we don't normally ban people for being complete c**ks - there'd be no Palace fans left on NSC if we did.

But there is no excuse ever for being unfunny and boring. So let's BAN this gimp like the rest of 'em.

Hmm. If being unfunny and boring gets you a ban, we might be losing a few of our own.........just saying, like. Despite all their protesting about not caring, they obviously DO care, just look at the number of posts. Or is it that our board is so much better than theirs ? Do they pop in to read some of the intelligent debates that they perhaps can't find on their own board ? Baffles me anyway.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Oh dear .

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
At this rate, Chamakh Attack will be the only Palace fan left on this board. He’s the only decent one among them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here