Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains for Sunday

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Of course Southern don't know or won't give a straight answer - their entire mission in life is to confuse. Run a train service ? They couldn't run a bath !

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Presumably the shitferbrains that goes under the title 'Transport Manager' receives some level of remuneration also? Not that person's finest moment to be honest :tosser:

From my interactions with the clown his non committal response was one of his best pieces of work and likely took him the whole day to compose

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
So will they update the southern website for the extra services does anyone know

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wouldnt bother asking Southern on Twitter, they talk out their arse half the time, you'd be better off asking for rail advice from your local butcher.

In other news, I cant see anything listed for extra trains, there almost certainly wouldnt be anything extra to/from Eastbourne - but probably between Brighton and Lewes. If travelling from Eastbourne, might be worthwhile using the 12/12A bus to Seaford, to connect to the half-hourly 8-car train to Falmer, bus runs every 15 minutes.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As is normal, PB is straight on the case.

What I find odd is that clearly the club has assumed, that we would all assume it is a normal match day service. (to be fair I assumed it would be until today).

Why in summary on the club website under Travel in the Pre-Match Brief they couldn't just state: 'normal match day trains will be in operation' is a little beyond me.

Anyhow, it does appear that all will be well on the rails...

Thank you for your e-mail.

Our detailed pre-match brief for non 1901 members doesn’t go out until around 7pm this evening. As usual, this will be sent out by e-mail to all supporters opted in to our e-mail service. It will include train information.

we’ll certainly alert our transport manager to your comments.

Regards, Paul

Paul Barber
Chief Executive

Only because it's your post that has the PB email, but ...

... It's 8.15 and nothing yet .... if he ever sends you another tell him to talk to us like sensible adults and not hero worshipping kids who'll treat him as some godlike creature because he replies to email

Instead of that he might want to find him even a half wit Transport Manager rather than the full wit one that he's got

Off out for the night :wave:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Five pages on fecking trains to Falmer emails to Paul Barber, for the love of god some people really do want to be wet nursed into their seat. Just leave earlier than normal if your worried. :facepalm:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Five pages on fecking trains to Falmer emails to Paul Barber, for the love of god some people really do want to be wet nursed into their seat. Just leave earlier than normal if your worried. :facepalm:

Constructive! Some might not have much alternative. When I see a timetable that gives me the choice of one train then I'm going to wonder how I'm going to get there, given there's likely to be more than one trainload of people queuing ahead of me

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
BHA website now updated with more specific rail info. as it should have been to start with. Doubt that would have happened without emailing PB. Now we can all relax and leave in a planned orderly fashion. Hooray for the bedwetters!! :amex::albion2::falmer::ascarf:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BHA website now updated with more specific rail info. as it should have been to start with. Doubt that would have happened without emailing PB. Now we can all relax and leave in a planned orderly fashion. Hooray for the bedwetters!! :amex::albion2::falmer::ascarf:

You get the feeling that without the club being nagged into submission by NSC, they probably wouldn't have bothered putting up the information even now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are you really surprised by that?

The Albion Transport Manager. aka the invisable man.

He actually replied a couple of times last night while I was out. The trains are now correct on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

What this actually goes to show is that I wouldn't trust the Southern website or twitter account as far as I could throw Kemy. ALL the best train info I have ever had has come from NSC - and where else would you get five pages of binfestry thrown in as a bonus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here