Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of the Sun's page 3

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Sun have re-hired Kelvin MacKenzie, The Sun editor at the time of Hillsborough, as a columnist. MacKenzie wax responsible for 'The Truth' headline about the tragedy, and has been unrepentant since then about his editorial stance.

So The Sun has replaced tits with a prize prick.

I follow Stavvers as it goes. She's hardly sticking up for page 3 is she?

And correct me if I'm wrong but the second blog, thought provoking as it is, falls foul of the "haven't directly or indirectly financially benefited from" proviso. It doesn't make that voice any less worthy, just biased.

Explain to me how's she indirectly benefiting ?

And you won't find me saying the following that often - or maybe ever again.

But well played the Sun. Hoaxed a lot of self important people quite beautifully.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
They have just mentioned on Newsnight that (t)it's back!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm a little surprised you haven't come across these numbers, they've been all over the media for some time now.
A quick google has this webby as the top result:

http://www.equalpayportal.co.uk/statistics/

So note the 'pay gap' applies to women in the SAME job, with the SAME experience.

There have been several studies across several sectors where they've got the numbers for new job applicants and the pay they were offered, amongst other things.

The latest data on that webby shows that women are being paid around 10% less for the SAME work.

If that's really true and women are as good as men at their jobs, then surely all commercial businesses would only employ women to increase their profits by 10%.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
If that's really true and women are as good as men at their jobs, then surely all commercial businesses would only employ women to increase their profits by 10%.

You sound like you're doubting it's true. I'm not sure whether you're trolling or just had your head in the sand.
Use google and find out the facts for yourself if you won't believe me, but as i said it's been around on the media for years now (maybe you 'tune out' when things like this come on?). It's not as simplistic as i have posted, you will find better arguments to use against it.

But a bit of shocker eh? I know 2015, and still sexism in our society. But by all means, brush it under the carpet and be part of the problem rather than part of the solution. You may find yourself on the morally inferior side of the fence though.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
something thats been removed because some yoghurt-knitting, tofu-munching sandal-wearing Guardian readers got their undercrackers in a twist over it.

It doesn't feel like The Sun are the kind of institution to back down to the Guardian, I can only assume the paper themselves and many of its readers have decided its an outdated anachronism whose time is up.

I don't doubt that some of them may have this mindset but I imagine there are far more who realise, and use the fact, that men will pay money to look at body parts they were born with. .

and there are many who realise that men will pay money to **** the body parts they were born with, but I'm sure you're not recommending prositution as a career-path. Point being, everything is on a sliding scale and the dividing line between what is acceptable and what isn't changes as society evolves

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You sound like you're doubting it's true. I'm not sure whether you're trolling or just had your head in the sand.
Use google and find out the facts for yourself if you won't believe me, but as i said it's been around on the media for years now (maybe you 'tune out' when things like this come on?). It's not as simplistic as i have posted, you will find better arguments to use against it.

But a bit of shocker eh? I know 2015, and still sexism in our society. But by all means, brush it under the carpet and be part of the problem rather than part of the solution. You may find yourself on the morally inferior side of the fence though.

The solution is for women to negotiate their pay better, and if they thini they're being undervalued then to apply for another job and threaten to leave. That's how it works in the private sector; it's a free market.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and its back ... the first report on this is that The Sun wanted the feature to die 'quietly', considering the hullaboo that has erupted they've realised if its not going quietly, its not going....

i quite like that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm a little surprised you haven't come across these numbers, they've been all over the media for some time now.
A quick google has this webby as the top result:

http://www.equalpayportal.co.uk/statistics/

So note the 'pay gap' applies to women in the SAME job, with the SAME experience.

your link does not support your argument, in fact it highlights that the statistics do not show like for like jobs for comparison.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Sun isn't the slightest bit cynical is it?

As a football fan, I'm surprised anyone buys it after what they did. Boobs or not.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What should we do about women not being treated equally?

Also, i' think you'll find the right wing religious nut jobs are very much into discriminating against women.

They have a symbiotic relationship , the feminists want equality while the right wing religious fundamentalists want to impose their version of Sharia law under the guise of "christian values"

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
The solution is for women to negotiate their pay better, and if they thini they're being undervalued then to apply for another job and threaten to leave. That's how it works in the private sector; it's a free market.

But is it a buyers or sellers market?

By the way, did you read that link i posted? There are better arguments against equality within it. You seem to be arguing from a standpoint that's not based in cold hard reality or facts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here