Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer Concerts at The Amex

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Barber unable to agree a fee again no doubt, just as he wasn't with The Who. God, the arrogance within our club that people should be begging to come to The Amex four years after it opened is astonishing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barber unable to agree a fee again no doubt, just as he wasn't with The Who. God, the arrogance within our club that people should be begging to come to The Amex four years after it opened is astonishing.

So the who didn't come to the Amex because the albion wanted too much money?

Really? Is that documented anywhere or just a guess?

Not sure the fee was entriely the issue with The Who - but I haven't heard that side of it - as was under the impression the issue was with regards to how many nights they could play at the Amex. Possibly they wanted more than one night to make it worth moving the stage, equipment etc, and their management decided it was better of for them just to add a second date at the O2 for the Quadrophenia tour instead.

Unless I've missed something, haven't seen anything official that there will be no gig this year. AFAIK someone has been booked for the summer, but they just haven't been announced yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure the fee was entriely the issue with The Who - but I haven't heard that side of it - as was under the impression the issue was with regards to how many nights they could play at the Amex. Possibly they wanted more than one night to make it worth moving the stage, equipment etc, and their management decided it was better of for them just to add a second date at the O2 for the Quadrophenia tour instead.

Unless I've missed something, haven't seen anything official that there will be no gig this year. AFAIK someone has been booked for the summer, but they just haven't been announced yet.

I have no inside knowledge but I simply cannot see the AMEX attraction for a promotor. The transport and catering were both total and utter pants for the Fatboy gigs and I understand it wasn't much better for Rod.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here