Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Bozza-Can you please explain the colours and meanings of the envelopes on the left hand side of the new look Site?

ta muchly

TNBA

TTF

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This won't impact most NSCers directly, although most may well get some benefit from it.

A new feature has been added that allows a moderator to ban a user from a thread. So, if someone is being a bit anti-social or, despite warnings, keeps returning to a thread and making provocative posts, then their ability to view and post to that thread can be removed.

Users will still get warnings for troll-like behaviour, but by being banned from a thread it should minimise the chances of a thread being de-railed.
      Its the tally ban

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe
      ( . ) ( . )
      Struggling for breath at the top of the stairs

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner's Fridge View Post
      Bozza-Can you please explain the colours and meanings of the envelopes on the left hand side of the new look Site?

ta muchly

TNBA

TTF
      Go to The Big Board Page, scroll down and bottom left it shows what they mean.
      I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own,
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

2 Not allowed!
      Only if the mods actually explain to rest of us mere mortals, what they have done and why. Otherwise is starts to look like censorship... "you can only post so long as you agree with my opinion". Also it might provoke lots of similar threads by those banned from the original. It depends how much you trust all the mods to remain as fair, consistent and impartial as a typical Championship referee (one or two can have hasty triggar fingers).
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      Only if the mods actually explain to rest of us mere mortals, what they have done and why. Otherwise is starts to look like censorship... "you can only post so long as you agree with my opinion". Also it might provoke lots of similar threads by those banned from the original. It depends how much you trust all the mods to remain as fair, consistent and impartial as a typical Championship referee (one or two can have hasty triggar fingers).
      The problem being, it invariably creates a binfest, I completely agree with you about explanations, sadly in many cases, some (a few) will respond against the Mod in question and not against the decision being given, this is a fact as I know only to well from the past.
      As for fair, consistent and impartial, I think we are all that, but of course if I say for example ban someone you know very well, and others know well, my decision is never seen as that by those few people.
      When a person is banned by normal means, we all put why in the "Mods decisions" section, but if someone is banned by the totting up of multiple infractions, then no, it is not, the automatic ban is only known between the Mods and the person concerned.

1 Not allowed!
      I reckon it would be more fun if you set it up so the person who started the thread can ban people from it. The binfest possibilities of that are spectacular.

2 Not allowed!
      Another nail in the coffin of NSC.
      its all fun and games until somebody paints your motorcycle neon green.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bristolseagull View Post
      Another nail in the coffin of NSC.
      Not that there is any time limits, as such, on replying to any posts / threads, but 4 months!!
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Ideally the mods would like to keep the forum to a narrow demographic for friends and others who share their sensibilities. You might encounter someone who is frequently rude, offensive and wonder why he [he mainly] is never banned. You might encounter others who are banned just because he/she ruffles some feathers. Draw your own conclusions. If you can annoy people who are set in their ways, it should usually be a good thing which should be encouraged for a healthy forum. otherwise it can be ahhhh! zzzzzzzzzzz

0 Not allowed!
      You couldn't be more wrong, I have a very good mate on here who I have banned at least twice on here (for very good reason I might add!) we encourage everyone to NSC even away fans.

I think past and very recent events have shown how much of a close knit community we are, regardless of where ANY of us live.