Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    No .... because it seems highly unfair that a poster can make a statement on a thread and then be banned from that thread but then not be able challenge anything posted after their ban that directly relates to their original post.
    The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
    I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We were given the choice over " Mandatory " icons to bracket posts yet this has just appeared
      Nothing has changed - they are optional today as they have been for ages - probably over a year.
      worshipping Omiros

0 Not allowed!
      So we may not get to see the regular well balanced views of mustafa on world politics then with respect to a certain Middle Eastern based religion?

What an absolute shame.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      What some find as provocative others find as a normal argument point.
      Members
      somewhere between Worcestershire, Somerset or Amsterdam

0 Not allowed!
      Good idea although I fear anyone crass enough to ignore warnings and get banned from a thread will probably just start a new one (and get properly banned)
      August 1959 - August 2016
      57 years following the Albion

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Nothing has changed - they are optional today as they have been for ages - probably over a year.
      So nothing has changed yet you said ......

"A new feature has been added that allows a moderator to ban a user from a thread. So, if someone is being a bit anti-social or, despite warnings, keeps returning to a thread and making provocative posts, then their ability to view and post to that thread can be removed. "

That does not sound very optional to me ? The mandatory thread icons was at least put to a vote and when there was no clear majority, you said along the lines of " Well sod you all, I won't bother " . This could at least have been discussed. For all it's faults NSC can be an amazingly vibrant democracy given it's chance.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 2015
      ( . ) ( . )
      Struggling for breath at the top of the stairs

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      That does not sound very optional to me ? The mandatory thread icons was at least put to a vote and when there was no clear majority, you said along the lines of " Well sod you all, I won't bother " . This could at least have been discussed. For all it's faults NSC can be an amazingly vibrant democracy given it's chance.
      Bozza giving us an option:

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own,

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This won't impact most NSCers directly, although most may well get some benefit from it.

A new feature has been added that allows a moderator to ban a user from a thread. So, if someone is being a bit anti-social or, despite warnings, keeps returning to a thread and making provocative posts, then their ability to view and post to that thread can be removed.

Users will still get warnings for troll-like behaviour, but by being banned from a thread it should minimise the chances of a thread being de-railed.
      Oh, well it was fun while it lasted.
      Crime is a disease. I'm the cure.
      ( . ) ( . )
      Struggling for breath at the top of the stairs

1 Not allowed!
      Just a thought:

Provocative posts are the cause of many a Binfest, can you imagine this place without a good Binfest?

Sad times.
      I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own,
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Perhaps we can put a limit on the amount of posts some of these fans Palace have. Say,10,000 a year. It does get confusing when a user writes, we did this ,we did that then to find out he is from another club. Why are they on here every day? Have any of our supporters ever met these other fans who are always on here.? Are they good blokes who for some reason taken the wrong route in life?