Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** The official 2015 Holiday Thread *****

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It's that time of year when most of us are thinking where to go on holiday.
So where are NSC's finest planning on holidaying this year ?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Big regret of my life...

Four years ago I had planned with the wife to go to Switzerland, to visit a child in uni.
Cheap flights between the ski and summer tourist seasons -- but right during the football. With Gatwick and Heathrow just up the road a piece.
Even worked out flight times, changes, so that I could catch a game at Withdean before the move.
Would have been the Plymouth game, or Swindon -- at this remove I can't remember....

Then the money side of things went all Pete Tong. And there's been no end of the Tonging since.

Tempting fate, it is, to make holiday plans...

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Thankfully, going to Hong Kong and Australia four weeks today, for 4 weeks..

It will save me from the current shite being played and some winter sun. Can't wait.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Week all inclusive on Mexico as 25th Wedding Anniversary at Easter.

Jury is out on what we do in the summer but will try and get three more holidays this year - probably two weeks in Turkey in the Summer

Off to Cape Town on Wednesday evening for a couple of weeks then Krakow in early May, anything more really depends on what my routine CT/MRI scans are showing. Too much garden to look after to be away much during the summer and Sussex look to have a decent squad. Might be talked into some grape/fig/olive picking for my sister in law in Extremadura in the autumn but hopefully she'll forget to ask. Costa Rica looks interesting, anyone been? Quite fancy a Star Clipper cruise again, particularly if I have some chemo to get over, otherwise it'll be more distant awaydays with the Albion or maybe some work if I'm really pushed.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Back from Oz for holiday in sunny Shoreham to catch the start of next season,hopefully still in the Championship.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mexico for 2 weeks in June

They have ring-tailed LIMAS running all over the shop at our hotel apparently.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Mombasa for a short trip next month
India (hopefully) for ten days in April
Doing Mara safari with my sister in April too
Sunny Brighton for 5 weeks in Jul/Aug

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I continue to be weak willed and opt for holidays over a proper commitment to save!

2 stags both abroad, Ibiza and krakow so far and it's only mid jan!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
20 nights in Ovacik(Turkey) Returning to the same hotel which i've never done before.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I never really understand how people can afford so many holidays. I'm saving up for a week in Turkey in October (because friends asked us to go with them) and it's killing me. Left to myself, I don't think I'd ever afford to go anywhere.

I earn a decent wage and everything but once I've paid the mortgage and the bills it's nearly all gone.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I never really understand how people can afford so many holidays. I'm saving up for a week in Turkey in October (because friends asked us to go with them) and it's killing me. Left to myself, I don't think I'd ever afford to go anywhere.

I earn a decent wage and everything but once I've paid the mortgage and the bills it's nearly all gone.

how much are you paying to go to Turkey?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Miami/Tulum - Feb
Singapore/Hong kong/Bali - Apr
Las Vegas may (fingers crossed mayweather fight happens)
Mykonos - July
St Tropez - august
New Orleans - October

Few trips to Poland throughout year.

Quiet one.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
how much are you paying to go to Turkey?

Not sure yet but the flights for three of us will be at least £700-£800. Then share of villa hire, car rental, exes.

Not complaining - I know I'm lucky to even be able to contemplate a trip like this and plenty of people never get any holidays. But I'm always amazed at how easily some talk about three trips a year.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not sure yet but the flights for three of us will be at least £700-£800. Then share of villa hire, car rental, exes.

Not complaining - I know I'm lucky to even be able to contemplate a trip like this and plenty of people never get any holidays. But I'm always amazed at how easily some talk about three trips a year.

Those flight prices are expensive especially for Oct. Look at Monarch or Easyjet. Keep a close lookout for price drops. I paid £287 for two people with 20kgs of luggage each with Monarch. Flying out on June 23rd.
Holiday insurance i strongly recommend. Atlas direct is cheap as chips. They also pay up without hassle as i should know. I spent 3 days in a Turkish hospital. Don't change up any money here. Where are you going.?

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here