Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do the North Stand sing TWO different SONGS at the same time ?

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
How can us singers move into the middle when there are ready STH in the middle? I don't really think any other club cares what is being sung as long as it lifts the players and makes noise. Those who say they don't like the newer songs where were you yesterday when the older songs were being sung? Too many people seem to just refuse to join in and then moan.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I sit in the north west corner and don't evn hear the north centre/east during the game...did not realise they even sang.
Also where I sit I cannot see anyone in the west upper.....I sometimes wonder if it is even open...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
North Stand - the self selected singing Albion core - really need to get their act together. Shirley it can't be that difficult - can it??!!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Having stood under the police box I don't buy into the they can't hear the rest of the stand. It is however completely apparent that other parts of the north sing a song for a pitifully short period of time making it difficult for the rest of the stand to join in. Repetition in stadia is crucial I suggest all chants last a minimum of a couple of minutes. Only then if you can keep a chant going that long (at least) is anyone in any position to claim they are trying to create an atmosphere.
You've made a very good point there, we do only sing any one one song for a very short time.
This is why the ring of fire, great escape songs have become popular, they last longer and it gathers momentum as more people join in.
A case point, the we are Brighton song in the video at the Goldstone, was sung twice as long as we sing it now.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Prime example - Wolves away, mix of PBC/NSK (whatever three word acronym you want to use), and other former Goldstone North Standers who either sit in the North or WSU in the away end.
Later group try and sing more of the usual stuff, much easier to get behind etc...and the PBC refuse to get involved; for example when GOSBTS was being sung, instead they point blank did not sing and instead sung 'Tony Blooms Blue and White' for about 5 minuets non-stop as someone from their group had not started the song.

Some times it can sound great, but we don't need this petty, I started singing first, I don't like you so won't join in attitude a lot of people in the PBC/NSK have.

We don't need new songs, we have plenty - lets get what we have right first, not sing 'LuaLua is faster than a fighter jet' or 'any place is a shitehole' tripe. Fragmentation through certain groups of people has led to this spilt in the North Stand, and the sooner something is done about it, the better.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Prime example - Wolves away, mix of PBC/NSK (whatever three word acronym you want to use), and other former Goldstone North Standers who either sit in the North or WSU in the away end.
Later group try and sing more of the usual stuff, much easier to get behind etc...and the PBC refuse to get involved; for example when GOSBTS was being sung, instead they point blank did not sing and instead sung 'Tony Blooms Blue and White' for about 5 minuets non-stop as someone from their group had not started the song.

Some times it can sound great, but we don't need this petty, I started singing first, I don't like you so won't join in attitude a lot of people in the PBC/NSK have.

We don't need new songs, we have plenty - lets get what we have right first, not sing 'LuaLua is faster than a fighter jet' or 'any place is a shitehole' tripe. Fragmentation through certain groups of people has led to this spilt in the North Stand, and the sooner something is done about it, the better.

Nail on the head and it will not change. Someone suggested relocating the PBC to the south, not a bad idea

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Not a ST holder, but when I go I want to sing so always go in the North and join in whatever's being sung. Was in the NE corner yesterday, 2 lads sitting behind us, late teens probably, spent most of the match playing games on their phones, with people like that, no wonder the atmosphere is shite. Trouble is, as has been said, it has the cheapest tickets, so will be the most attractive to day-trippers

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I recently emailed Paul Barber with my concerns that we were not getting enough vocal support going at the Amex compared to away games i.e. How come 1,500 Albion away fans can make more noise than 24,000 at the Amex? Also why are the fans that want to sing their support of the team so divided in the North and dispersed too widely around the ground? From his response I know that the club are looking at ways to help with this problem and are holding meetings. He said as follows...

"My colleagues, Paul Beirne and Tom Gorringe,(copied on this e-mail) have recently held the first of what will be a series of meetings with a wide cross-section of supporters from all areas of the stadium debating these very issues"

Now whether you've been to the first meeting or have been invited to go to one in the future, great. However if you have a strong opinion on this issue and haven't been invited as yet I suggest you contact the club and get yourself on the invite list, I'm sure they will be pleased to get some more views.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There will more than likely to be rows of empty seats in the middle of the North for Ipswich. The Bollox Crew need to get out from under the police box and take their voices into the centre.[/QUOTE

Totally agree if there are empty seats

Plenty of empty seats in the north stand yesterday, more than enough for the PBC to decant to the centre.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I hope these meetings prove successful and weren't just a club exercise so they can say 'we held more fan meetings' in the end of season report. In my opinion the only way to solve the issue is to shift the PBC over to the centre or vice versa, the current set up is such an annoyance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here