Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster FC introduce unreserved seating to improve atmosphere

Should the North Stand be unreserved seating?

• Yes

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
:drama:
In my opinion, it has the best view in the ground - and that's precisely the reason that I chose it during the priority period. As already mentioned, I sit with a specific group of people who travel from different places and arrive at the ground at different times. Making the stand unreserved would make it difficult for us to still sit together.
:drama: tell us you're joking
regards
DR

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not in the North Stand myself, so at the end of the day I'm not bothered either way.

If a proper vote ( ie of all North Stand members, not just a NSC poll ) is in favour, then I suppose so.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yes - of course. There is no doubt that the NS atmosphere would be improved. Not as much as safe-standing of course!

The atmosphere will only be improved by bringing all the singers together and telling the stewards to lighten up a bit.

But Barber has consistently been resistant to -any- suggestions for safe standing etc and whilst that intransigent attitude prevails, the atmosphere will remain unchanged.

I understand that the club's position on safe-standing is quite clear. Number one it is not currently permitted so it would be pointless to introduce it. Two: Due to the size of the concourse and the design and number of access points a safe-standing north stand would not allow any more fans in the stand than there are at the moment, which would mean that either supporters would pay the same as they would for a seat or the club lose money.

I think these are reasonable objections at the moment. That said I would not be surprised if the club changed their mind SHOULD safe-standing be reintroduced across the premier league and championship.

I think an unreserved North Stand would improve the atmosphere and allow the disparate singing groups to sort themselves out on their own without artificially having to manufacture a set of cheerleaders. Tough one for the club though as they inevitably know that people will be moaning vociferously whatever they decide.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I bought a season ticket in the North Stand behind the goal a) because it's my favourite place to watch from and b) because it's the singing section.
So I'd be very unhappy if it became an unreserved area.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
In my opinion, it has the best view in the ground - and that's precisely the reason that I chose it during the priority period. As already mentioned, I sit with a specific group of people who travel from different places and arrive at the ground at different times. Making the stand unreserved would make it difficult for us to still sit together.

I stand with the same people at almost every away game, most of us use different methods of transport and arrive at different times.. It's really not that hard....

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Because things change.

Experience has taught us that the stadium atmosphere has deteriorated with the construction of the "police box" and the subsequent fragmentation of the vocal support. If the club determine that this is a bigger problem than a few alienated fans and chose to address the problem by going down Doncaster's route then, unless you or anyone else in the North Stand bought your seat for life, your dis might be gruntled but all they would be contravening is your acquired but false sense that possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Lets get real here the lack of atmosphere at the Amex so far is due to the sht football being dished up and last season was not much better.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Ok but there's a load more seats like that in your area not just yours
regards
DR

But I'm dead centre.

Look, I understand it's not 'my seat' and that I don't have any divine right over it. I just don't think the club making the stand unreserved will a) have much effect on the atmosphere because most people who chose the NS did so because they want to sing and b) is actually a workable solution.

The fact that the football at home over the last 18 months or so has been pretty dull is the much greater contributing factor here. If we were brilliant at home, I honestly don't think this conversation would be happening.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I understand your feelings and I would share them in your position however, in theory and probably in practice if it came to it, you don't have a leg to stand on.

You may think that, but as the club would engage with the very people that a lot of you seem to want to move. I would think the vast majority of the seat holders in the central areas would be against the idea.

Jan 30, 2008
But I'm dead centre.

Look, I understand it's not 'my seat' and that I don't have any divine right over it. I just don't think the club making the stand unreserved will a) have much effect on the atmosphere because most people who chose the NS did so because they want to sing and b) is actually a workable solution.

The fact that the football at home over the last 18 months or so has been pretty dull is the much greater contributing factor here. If we were brilliant at home, I honestly don't think this conversation would be happening.
2 years I would say, fair play for sticking it out
regards
DR

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As has been mentioned, in a 'chicken/egg' scenario the recent away wins have made the away games good fun again with a good tribal minority atmosphere. Home games are different in many ways, and I think some decent football will encourage an improved atmosphere whatever the seating arrangements.
As a non-Northstander it makes no odds to me, but from where I am seated I personally feel that moving a few people about here and there will have no great effect per se, imho like.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Because things change.

Experience has taught us that the stadium atmosphere has deteriorated with the construction of the "police box" and the subsequent fragmentation of the vocal support. If the club determine that this is a bigger problem than a few alienated fans and chose to address the problem by going down Doncaster's route then, unless you or anyone else in the North Stand bought your seat for life, your dis might be gruntled but all they would be contravening is your acquired but false sense that possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Just one point that you have not taken into account, if it's just the central areas, then it will only affect the STHs in that area. So the police box crew do not reside in the central areas, therefore it will be the same STHs just sitting in different seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here