Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orthodox Israeli newspaper airbrushes female world leaders out of Paris world leader march

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I was staying in a hotel in Israel for work. I was on the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] floor and on Saturday got into the lift and the bloody thing opened on every floor till it got to the 14[SUP]th[/SUP]. I thought some kid had been playing silly buggers and pressed all the buttons – turns out it is pre-programmed to open on all floors on the Sabbath as orthodox Jews are not allowed to press the floor buttons.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I was staying in a hotel in Israel for work. I was on the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] floor and on Saturday got into the lift and the bloody thing opened on every floor till it got to the 14[SUP]th[/SUP]. I thought some kid had been playing silly buggers and pressed all the buttons – turns out it is pre-programmed to open on all floors on the Sabbath as orthodox Jews are not allowed to press the floor buttons.

I didn’t know they had buttons let alone lifts in Biblical times for this to be written in the scripture :shrug:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I know you're all just wanting to express your opinion, but please remember people, be tolerant.

Pffft. another mickey mouse religion with mickey mouse beleifs. I dont tolerate religions ad there as old as time views that have mainly been debunked by science anymore than I tolerate the anti-vaccination movement and the new age religionists behind that. Religion generally is bad for your health and i'm not tolerating that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pffft. another mickey mouse religion with mickey mouse beleifs. I dont tolerate religions ad there as old as time views that have mainly been debunked by science anymore than I tolerate the anti-vaccination movement and the new age religionists behind that. Religion generally is bad for your health and i'm not tolerating that.
Won't somebody think of the children!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I didn’t know they had buttons let alone lifts in Biblical times for this to be written in the scripture :shrug:

Oh for heavens sake, read your bible ! 'And on the sixth day the lord madeth the traveling box. He had no idea why until it dawned on Him that it might be useful for carrying things. He had no idea what things but the idea still blew his socks off. He thought, it will help lift things so I shall call it a lift'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here