Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4400 Arsenal at The Amex

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I cant be the only one who finds it fuvking annoying that we have to give them such a big allocation.

Nah, like a big away following, adds atmosphere and the even bigger cup allocations are great. Plus we'd certainly want a big away allocation if it was being played at the Emirates.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I cant be the only one who finds it fuvking annoying that we have to give them such a biallocation.

Ah, but we will get 9,000 for the replay....can someone tell the powers that be to apply for this FULL allocation as they will fly for this like no other non Wembley game we've ever had

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
West Ham must have brought 5,000 or so to the old second division game at the Goldstone in the early 80's. They were everywhere and I remember a lot ot trouble that day.

Jimmy Grimble

I was 11 at the time. Just remember being annoyed when a Vale fan asked if they could have my woolly hat as a souvenir and my Dad/brother said I should give it to him!

Not at all, it's part of what's great about the cup. Like when we took 4,000 to Orient. (Though it used to be 30% then, rather than 15%).

Nah, like a big away following, adds atmosphere and the even bigger cup allocations are great. Plus we'd certainly want a big away allocation if it was being played at the Emirates.

You could argue that as a 1 off match there should be a 50/50 support as why should you gain an advantage by being lucky enough to be the first ball out

Ah, but we will get 9,000 for the replay....can someone tell the powers that be to apply for this FULL allocation as they will fly for this like no other non Wembley game we've ever had

For me, there's few worse sights in football than watching a massive away end go mental on your own turf. Equally, there's few better emotions than when it's you in that away end. I guess I'm just feeling a touch bitter!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not all the corners were finished last time we played them at the Amex.

No idea how many they had though, 3k ?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
West Ham must have brought 5,000 or so to the old second division game at the Goldstone in the early 80's. They were everywhere and I remember a lot ot trouble that day.
In the early 80s we were in Div One...

I think West Ham came down mob-handed in about 1978. "Pop" Robson scored at least one maybe two. I was late arriving (10 years old) with my Dad in the North Stand (probably about 2.00pm..!!) and it was so packed that we couldn't get down our normal entry point near the middle so we ended up having to go in the only place where it was slightly less packed - i.e. up against the fence by the West Ham fans... 30K+ (32K?) that day and yes, I'd guess West Ham easily hit the 4.5K+ following ...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Last arsenal visit every away fan I bumped into afterwards would insist that I couldn't have seen such a great away support before.
Deluded but friendly bunch.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
4,400 Arsenal fans will be quite a sight, they've got great support to be fair, they'd probably have shifted double that if we were able to give them that many.

From my recent experience of them at Selhurst, turning up in numbers isn't exactly great support when they're on the back of their team for the whole game despite winning 2-0. :facepalm:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
In the early 80s we were in Div One...

I think West Ham came down mob-handed in about 1978. "Pop" Robson scored at least one maybe two. I was late arriving (10 years old) with my Dad in the North Stand (probably about 2.00pm..!!) and it was so packed that we couldn't get down our normal entry point near the middle so we ended up having to go in the only place where it was slightly less packed - i.e. up against the fence by the West Ham fans... 30K+ (32K?) that day and yes, I'd guess West Ham easily hit the 4.5K+ following ...

You're right, it was October 1978. I can't find an on-line record of the attendance but remember it was one of the biggest of that era. 32,000 rings a bell. We lost 2-1.
I was 13 and at that time, stood in the south. I remember loads of West Ham in there and sure enough, it kicked-off. Some of us ended up on the pitch trying to escape the West Ham menace.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So would we though. :shrug:

Too right we would, I don't think Arsenal would know what's hit them if we get a replay and take 8,800 there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Too right we would, I don't think Arsenal would know what's hit them if we get a replay and take 8,800 there.
Apart from the fact that 90% of teams (however small) who have drawn them at the Emirates in a cup competition have brought that many, you mean?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Stoke City ?
STOKE CITY massive following celebrating on the pitch at The Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here