Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else pleased about this result?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The tottenham game was before my time. The only dislike I have had for Southampton was for Adkins, and the attitude he seemed to breed that they had won back to back division titles under him. So I have no problem being happy they beat Man Utd. In fact, the only team I struggle to be happy about beating United is palace.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I suppose the Scummers are slightly less unlikeable than Manure.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The tottenham game was before my time. The only dislike I have had for Southampton was for Adkins, and the attitude he seemed to breed that they had won back to back division titles under him. So I have no problem being happy they beat Man Utd. In fact, the only team I struggle to be happy about beating United is palace.

When did this happen?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When did this happen?

It didn't, but I distinctly remember reading an interview with Nicola Cortese, the Southampton Chair, the season after they were runners-up to us in league 1 (the Nigel Adkins "If they can keep up season"), where he was asked "What was the best thing about last season". His reply was "winning the Championship" (of league 1)..... which they didn't, because we did!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Got no big beef with Southampton personally, pleased to see them doing well, particularly if it means United miss out on the top 4 :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You have to admire the job Koeman and Sammy Lee have done there. Obviously they sold half their squad but replaced them with decent alternatives and have built a team in double quick time. But then when they had that run of games against the big teams pre Christmas and proceeded to lose or draw them all, I thought we'd see the slide back into mid-table. But no, instead they regrouped, and have just played Arsenal and Man Utd back to back, and won them BOTH.

Impressive stuff. And personally I'd love to see ANY provincial side finish in the top four. Apart from Jack Walker-bankrolled Blackburn, I don't think that's happened for about 25 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our U18s beat Southampton U18s 4-0 yesterday so perhaps we have started.

I've seen every Saints age group side play this season, and whilst its a nice set up, and the teams all play great football, and are clearly very well drilled, they really do not have many players coming through at all, below the U21 side.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I've seen every Saints age group side play this season, and whilst its a nice set up, and the teams all play great football, and are clearly very well drilled, they really do not have many players coming through at all, below the U21 side.

But they do have an U18 player called Olufela Olomola. That has to count for something.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Had Mata had his shooting boots on in the last twenty minutes they'd have lost. United will be back, mark my words.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When did this happen?

It didn't as DavidinSouthampton mentions, it was more the attitude that they talk like they had that I like to blame on Adkins. Billy Sharp was on socceram or goals on sunday and mentioned "we want to win the league like we did last year" which was even worse since he wasn't with them when they barely made it into second place in league one the previous season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here