Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funniest infield incident when watching Albion

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Either my memory is playing tricks on me, but I swear he did that at the south end of the ground?
Just checked and you are right. I could swear it was the north.
And it was against Brizzle Rovers :facepalm:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think smaller grounds lend themselves to some priceless moments. Once long ago I was in the main home stand at Hartlepool (not sure why tbh?!?), watching the Albion, and a Hartlepool player came on, and was immediately sent off for a spectacular two footed lunge on one of our boys. Being a small ground and a small crowd on the day, as he trudged off he could clearly hear all the abuse his own fans were giving out, classics such as: "You are a total ****ing joke, Aye go on; **** right off you ****ing ****, and perhaps best of all: Aye gan and run the bath, and don't forget the bubbles you long haired woofter." Now that's what I call support. I think his reaction, head steadily dropping to the floor, and the trudge added to what was a macabre moment of timeless gallows humour. Naturally I can't condone the language, but this was/is Hartlepool not a scene from Goodwill Hunting.

Second is non Albion related:

Watching Montrose and a player came over to take a throw, a older bloke stood on the terrace says: "What time do you want picking up tonight?." Players says, "About 7:30ish, cheers Grandad."

Not likely to happen in the Championship any-time soon, nor for that matter, anywhere I've ever watched the beautiful game.

Take care now,

Kosh

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
More schadenfreude than out-and-out funny, but seeing Dan Harding substituted virtually in tears and already on a yellow after Will Buckley had turned him inside out and back to front for about the 15th time in the game was not entirely unamusing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mark Lawrenson accidentally knocking a patrolling copper over in front of the south stand , putting his helmet on, and running back on the pitch

grumpyoldgit

Mar 29, 2012
Colchester away 4 yrs ago, shaven headed steward with shades on arms folded facing us looking all mean and moody, leant back against the little gate to the pitch not realising it had been unlocked and fell backwards through it on to the edge of the pitch. To his credit he took it very well with 1200 of us laughing at him.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I still howl with laughter at the memory of Nigel Erskine's trousers falling down after his Klinsmann dive.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
More schadenfreude than out-and-out funny, but seeing Dan Harding substituted virtually in tears and already on a yellow after Will Buckley had turned him inside out and back to front for about the 15th time in the game was not entirely unamusing.

I think he got subbed off in the first half in that game...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Nothing beats George Parris turning to the northanstand and putting his finger to his lips before mugging the Wrexham keeper

Against Bristol Rovers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Match against Wolves at Withdean when Paul Ince got injured in front of the South Stand, he got a kick in the nuts or a ball in the nuts, anyway he was rolling around on the deck in agony. An Albion fan then shouted " you're not the f...... Guv'nor now Ince" :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That ring-a-roses goal celebration at Withdean once where Dean Cox was next to Guy Butters and looked like a hobbit amongst men.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just checked and you are right. I could swear it was the north.
And it was against Brizzle Rovers :facepalm:

He tried it again in the next match at the North end of the pitch, but the ref either didn't want the controversy (there was discussion the previous weekend/match about whether the ref should have allowed it) or he mistakenly thought he was waiting for permission to return to the pitch and waved him back on, which alerted the keeper to his presence and ruined it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The "beekeeper" game at Gillingham. Think it was Mansfields keeper who was dressed in an an orange and black hooped shirt. Brilliant chants ("what a waste of honey", Brighton and Hive Albion etc etc). and the keeper was pissing himself. He even joined in, flapping his arms and pretending to fly.

I also remember another police helmet incident. It must have been around '85/'86. Someone had a dreadful shot from about twenty five yards that took a coppers helmet clean off. Think it might have been dale jasper or Darren Hughes?

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
The old boy "ball boy" heading a Man City clearance into the staff car park

A few others also mentioned Keith Cuss.

A big memory for me - the first Albion game I remember going to. Dying minutes of the game and we were winning 2-1, I think. Hooked from then on.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Must have been around 1977.
Someone had gone onto the roof of the South Stand to retrieve a ball.
Eric Steele was spotting the ball to take a goal kick.
Everybody in the ground could see what was happening except for Eric (and those in the South Stand of course).
Just as he ran up to take the kick,the ball was thrown down onto his head.
He saw the funny side though and every time he took a kick during that half he looked up at the roof.

C

CT1

Adam Hinshlewoods own goal from near the half way line when we played Colchester on one boxing day at the Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here