Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe standing: Palace owners don't want to "make people sit"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The answer is numbers, When we went to The Emirates at the start of the season there was a block to our left that 'tried' to stand (about 200 of them) as soon as the stewards came in and asked them to sit, 180 of them complied, they were cacking themselves, the standing in the Homesdale now stretches across Block D so now 4 blocks all stand and as The Paddy has said when enough of you tell the stewards NO (and a steward told me he had to keep asking as its his job, fair enough) but never got heavy handed, for those talking out of their backside about 'terracing' its called 'Rail Seating' and can be seen here:- http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/ so you still have to 'buy' a seat, its not like the terraces of old

Yeh I understand - we have the same thing in the North and most of the North seems to stand all game I think. But the stewards still come along every game & try get people to sit - and yes they say they have to keep asking. Never seem to see it with that Italian block at your place - maybe it's accessibilty too as its on the side? And of course they'd be pissing in the wind trying to get that many people standing to sit..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So, in summary, Brighton following Palace, attempting to undermine them, and ending up looking like mugs.

Totally uncalled for and untrue response. If you can't just join in reasonable debate like some of the better palace posters how about u don't come in NSC. U constantly seem to be being a bellend. Why not just enjoy NSC without feeling you have to have your back up & fight your 'palace' corner every post...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oof, another stinging body blow.

Still onto Spurs and Charlton for our respective teams this week.

Spending your Sunday giving me 16 thumbs down on my own forum cos I gave u a few back after u gave me one for being one of the many on this thread to tell you you're a ****. Get a ****ing life you utter dullard. I could get you banned for being a total **** if you carry on - truth hurt u did it. Now bore off and don't click on my account or quote me again pls. Sad act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here