Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do you get your Albion info from?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I get all on my information, views and opinions from The Guardian. This is why I know bugger all about the Albion but have the correct opinion on everything else.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I subscribe to Big and Busty. They are to be honest a bit light on Albion news but it is a well written journal.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
In the 50's most of my info came from Albion players who used togo into my Dad's butchers shop. Frankie Howard always had some tale to tell. After that it was the Argus and when in the 60's I moved away it was the seagull line plus on medium wave 206 there was a BBC sports bulletin at about 6.00pm Saturday which came from Bristol but covered the West and South Coast. Occasionally The Albion got a mention. Now it's NSC for all my news, entertainment, and info.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
David Burke. Oh... wait...

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I lost a fortune on that! Having to go up and down the UK, through work, it sometimes was my only way of finding out about our beloved club.

The most nerve wracking time was to find out what the final score was. Cue Ron Pavey (it was him, wasn't it?) . . .

"You've phoned the Seagull Line on Brighton 8049 . . . etc". The tone of his voice let you know how the Albion fared:

Sombre, monotone - we lost

Matter of fact, neutral - we drew

Total joy, great news for Seagulls fans - we won

And all this could be gleaned in the first two seconds of the call!

It was Tony Millard wasn't it?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
From here or from the telepathic portal i have for weekly mental chats with Antti Niemi. He and i have been Thought Buddies since 2009 when he was on his last injured legs at Portsmouth, only sometimes paid for being there. At that time i was in one of my blandly usual lows, but it was through Antti and his ability to turn any emotion, particularly downheartedness, into music, that allowed me to come through the worst times. Only one embarrassment threatened to close our relationship. One new year's eve when Antti had overdone it a tad on some Lakka, sharing with me at first some randy thoughts about Agatha, the maths teacher at his youngest's nearby secondary school, some of which involved chalk boards and ink wells and Antti with pocketfuls of cleaning equipment scrubbing down the dusty, blotchy tutor, before taking his arousal upstairs to awaken Mrs Niemi for brief excitement. As the general helper in our synaptic coupling, Antti, was granted the sole power to bring our chats to a close, so it wasn't until i screamed for him to end our attachment that night, sending him some images i'd miserably stored of a nudist uncle of mine riding a cheerless-faced mule along Worthing beach back on one grey-skied summers Thursday in the mid-80s, that he must have partly flaccidated and disconnected. An apology was never given, and i never consciously asked about Agatha, but we remain friends and gossipers and carers.

I've sent him my concerns about the continuation of his role as goalkeeping coach with us, but he's a cool Finnish guy, usually responding with one of his own branded notional se on elämää emoticons.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
You don't remember the pre-internet age! JCL.

For older listeners there was the Seagull Line - god knows how many 10ps I spent on that whilst at university in the 70s.

I remember 4 of us crowding round a phone box in Spain trying to call it because while on the beach the batteries had run out on our transistor radio at 4.40pm (UK), meaning we couldn't get the world service.
I won't forget it, we won and got some funny looks when we started a GOSBTS jig outside the phone box, too many Sangria's if you ask me.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I recall that phone service called clubcall. I recall you could look of ceefax and there would be a mega flashing headline like "superstar linked" - and you could ring it and it told you loads of crap info that you cod get out of the papers.
TBH bens grandad is a more reliable service than that used to be at least he guesses 1 in 1000. I don t recall clubcall ever being right

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I make it up as I go along..

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
In the old days my uncle would get tickets and information from players at the Hove and Portsmouth dog track. On some occasions he would walk into the ground and have a chat with good old Frankie.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My SAUCE :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I get all my info from the Palace BBS and football rumours website.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here