Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do you get your Albion info from?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
You don't remember the pre-internet age! JCL.

For older listeners there was the Seagull Line - god knows how many 10ps I spent on that whilst at university in the 70s.

When I was 11 we had dial up internet!! Before then, the Argus was the only news source I remember.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm pretty sure I've learnt of all recent Albion news from NSC...possibly BBC or colleagues once or twice.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If I'm in the office I have to use the Argus website as NSC is blocked - amusingly under the category "harmful and stealth"

Otherwise, here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Enrest, he is the man with his nose to the ground.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
here first then official website and /or player for confirmation. Occasionally Argus online.

In days gone by before the internet mostly from friends or Argus cut-outs sent in the post.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Argus sport for facts . Nsc for rumours

Weirdly though, most of the posters on The Argus site are clueless idiots who don't seem able to retain any of the facts it publishes. They make BensGrandad look like a graduate at the University of Life with a a Doctorate in all things Albion!

el punal

You don't remember the pre-internet age! JCL.

For older listeners there was the Seagull Line - god knows how many 10ps I spent on that whilst at university in the 70s.
I lost a fortune on that! Having to go up and down the UK, through work, it sometimes was my only way of finding out about our beloved club.

The most nerve wracking time was to find out what the final score was. Cue Ron Pavey (it was him, wasn't it?) . . .

"You've phoned the Seagull Line on Brighton 8049 . . . etc". The tone of his voice let you know how the Albion fared:

Sombre, monotone - we lost

Matter of fact, neutral - we drew

Total joy, great news for Seagulls fans - we won

And all this could be gleaned in the first two seconds of the call!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here