Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON: MORE THAN A CUP WIN

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-ll229-2180499_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton applauds the Albion fans at Brentford
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

Delighted new Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton felt that his side recording back-to-back victories for the first time since August, was an even bigger positive than reaching the FA Cup fourth round.The two-time FA Cup winner was thrilled to reach the next stage but says his squad will receive a major boost from claiming two wins in a week following the 2-0 triumph at Fulham last Monday.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "We are through to the fourth round which is great but the feeling from the players is back-to-back wins, which is really nice and something very confidence boosting.
"Today wasn't just about the FA Cup, it was about being the next game and as a player and a manager you want to win games and I hope that gives us a bit of confidence going into the next group of matches.
"It has been a very hectic week, I only joined on Wednesday and then of course you're straight into games.
"Fortunately most of the preparation work, with regards to video analysis, had already been done, which gave me a bit of breathing space, but I am really looking forward to the next week, assessing the players and having an opportunity to sit down with them."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The new Albion manager was given the perfect start to life at the Seagulls thanks to late goals from Lewis Dunk and Chris O'Grady, but it was the determination of his players that pleased him the most after an end-to-end, full blooded contest.He added, "We had to be resilient today, but we had some really good chances and felt we could play on the counter-attack. They had a very high line and we were very close on a few occasions to breaking that line so I was impressed with the resilience.
"We've got good experience at the back, but we're very young if you look at it. We've got four players across midfield and if you look at Teixeira playing off the front, five youngish inexperienced players apart from Sam Baldock - but he was playing in a position that’s not his position.
"Brentford showed why they've had a good season so far. We had to ride our luck a little bit against a very good passing team but we defended well because we had to.
"They may have created more in and around the box and David [Stockdale] made some great saves, but we had the better chances and it was great to get the win. We showed that bit of guile to break through when we needed to."
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH februARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here