Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Kane..... The next big thing in English football??

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Ever since his debut for Spurs, he's looked like he could make it. Never thought he'd do this well, but I can't help but feel it's going to go terribly wrong.

Looks the full ticket though, hopefully England keep their hands off him. If the England team was picked on form, he'd be in the next squad. But as he doesn't play for a 'top 4' team, expect to see Lambert & Welbeck ahead of him.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was very down on him and scoffed when he started appearing in first team Spurs XI at the start of the season and assume you can find a post of me saying no thanks to us having the possibility of him on loan. The two goals yesterday were pure class though, still expect him to not be prolific enough on the international stage though.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ashley Barnes could be knocking on the door soon...currently should be Sturrige, Austin, Kane, Carroll and welbeck (Rooney should be played in midfield)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ever since his debut for Spurs, he's looked like he could make it. Never thought he'd do this well, but I can't help but feel it's going to go terribly wrong.

Looks the full ticket though, hopefully England keep their hands off him. If the England team was picked on form, he'd be in the next squad. But as he doesn't play for a 'top 4' team, expect to see Lambert & Welbeck ahead of him.

Lambert plays for a top 4 team?!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Really? Liverpool top 4 once in last FIVE years.

Indeed.

I still think of the 4 I stated when I think of the way England / Sky Sports bang on about the top/big 4.

I see NSC'ers still do THAT thing with CAPITALS. Nice.

D

Deleted member 18477

Harry Kane is like manna from heaven for Roy Hodgson, no messing around he should be starting for England in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Rooney just behind him, Lallana LM, Townsend RM and Henderson and Carrick DMs.

No way... Sterling should def start on the right or left. And Walcott is still better than Townsend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ashley Barnes could be knocking on the door soon...currently should be Sturrige, Austin, Kane, Carroll and welbeck (Rooney should be played in midfield)

Carroll is a very very limited player.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I'm sure he'll be in a top 4 team soon enough

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I am prepared to be reminded of this for the next 10+ years BUT Harry Kane is NOT the next big thing.

he may have a good club career & I hope to be proven wrong with this - he is not quick enough to be a top international striker & has no real skill (a very English player). his all round play is obviously decent & he is having a purple patch with goals, but I've seen him a couple of times & have seen nothing particularly special.

as for the 'will he be the man to fire England to glory' - no he wont. it doesn't matter if he's the best player in the world, he will always be held back by the twits he plays alongside with (wilshere etc). England don't have a hope (again I hope to be seriously wrong!!)

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Doubt it.. Same happens to almost every "future England star". The media will hype him up as the next big thing, people will expect far too much from him and he'll struggle with the pressure. I hope I'm wrong though...

Exactly, let's keep our young players grounded for now. Hopefully he'll continue to do well but don't want to see him become another great Premiership scorer in the mould of Andy Cole, Ian Wright, Matt Le Tissier, Kevin Phillips or Robbie Fowler (I could go on) who never cut the mustard for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here