Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums Thread - 2015

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Viet Cong album sounds a potential top ten for 2015 already. Hope to catch them live but think its almost sold out at Green Door.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
yes indeed - what a great band they are. Saw them at Amex for fat boy smash up and more recently at the Haunt. House music for the more mature gentleman

Spot on. I've seen them a couple of times, at Glastonbury in a hay-bale corner of the site one sunny afternoon and at Coalition. They opened with White Lines during the small Glasto gig.....that's some opener.

A good friend saw the Haunt gig and said they were ace.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Spot on. I've seen them a couple of times, at Glastonbury in a hay-bale corner of the site one sunny afternoon and at Coalition. They opened with White Lines during the small Glasto gig.....that's some opener.

A good friend saw the Haunt gig and said they were ace.

Thanks for the heads up on the new album. Absolute crowd pleaser. Loving it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for the heads up on the new album. Absolute crowd pleaser. Loving it.

A pleasure. They certainly have an ear for an uplifting house tune don't they?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Predictably on very very heavy rotation...God I love them.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Viet Kong album has replaced the Ghost Culture album as my current favourite of the year.

It's the first 9/10 of the year for me, blinding record. I wasn't expecting it to be as accessible as it is in parts and it reminds me of that modern classic TOTBL at times. I still prefer Public Strain, if we are going to go with the Women comparison.

Slightly disappointed with the Sleater-Kinney album. A solid 8 but it feels very disposable compared to The Woods. I would have prefered them to stay on that track.

Awaits accusations of #misogny from the S-K mafia.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
The Viet Cong album has me intrigued. I've seen great reviews all around for it so definitely on my shopping list. Talking of album of the year (!) Those people at God Is In The TV have said that the Diagrams album 'Chromatics' will be one of the contenders. Normally I'd ignore such presumption when we're only halfway through January but I do tend to take notice of their reviews. I'm going to buy it soon and then give a review on here. I've only heard one tune so far, Phantom Power, and it sounds sort of Belle and Sebastian but with a bit more welly.

Looking forward to the Wave Pictures forthcoming album, they played a set on the Marc Riley show recently and it's as witty, as English, as engaging as ever from what I heard. And the Charlatans album will be must-buy if only to satisfy the the inner Dad Rock within me.
Listened to the Diagrams album this morning.Enjoyed it, and reminded me a bit of The Leisure Society.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Really enjoying the new Enter Shikari album, feels more grown up than their previous albums.Although that's a double edged sword as it loses something too.

Albums I need to get around to listening to:

Joey Bada$$ - B4.DA.$$
Lupe Fiasco - Tetsuo & Youth
SleaterKinney - No Cities To Love
Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psycho
Viet Cong - Viet Cong
Mark Ronson - Uptown Special

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Apparently The Mountain Goats are releasing an album this year. Darnielle is one of the best lyric writers around.

Our love is like the border between Greece and Albania
Trucks loaded down with weapons
Crossing over every night
Moon yellow and bright
There is a shortage in the blood supply
But there is no shortage of blood
The way I feel about you baby can’t explain it
You got the best of my love

Heard a new track from Dan Deacon as well, this year has been pretty good music wise already.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's the first 9/10 of the year for me, blinding record. I wasn't expecting it to be as accessible as it is in parts and it reminds me of that modern classic TOTBL at times. I still prefer Public Strain, if we are going to go with the Women comparison.

Slightly disappointed with the Sleater-Kinney album. A solid 8 but it feels very disposable compared to The Woods. I would have prefered them to stay on that track.

Awaits accusations of #misogny from the S-K mafia.

The Sleater Kinney album has really grown on me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here