Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums Thread - 2015

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
No one else getting excited about the release of the new Godspeed album, 'Asunder, Sweet And Other Distress', at the end of the month?

It seems they've finally got around to recording "Behemoth" in the studio.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No one else getting excited about the release of the new Godspeed album, 'Asunder, Sweet And Other Distress', at the end of the month?

It seems they've finally got around to recording "Behemoth" in the studio.

I am now excited about it, but wasn't, as you are the bringer of this news to me.
On a different note, I'm hugely impressed with Aphex Twin's new EP. I've no idea what it's called, as the packaging is typically obscure, but there's some great passages on there. I prefer it to last year's Syro.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That Ghostpoet album gets better with every listen. I can hear not just Tricky but he has a similar delivery to King Krule at times with the kind of "kitchen sink" subject matter (bacon sarnies, running from bailiffs...) that shows that that he's got both feet on the ground and aspires for more than bitches and bling. He comes across as such a genuinely interesting and nice person in the interviews that I've read too. Yep, I like this album a lot.

Brilliant, Brilliant album. My AOTY so far.

Content wise it reminds me of early Mike Skinner. The sort of every day grind of normal life when you're in your early-mid 20's. Keeping your head above water, trying to hold a relationship together and keep the lights on in your shitty flat whilst looking the bright spots wherever you can.

Just stuck the Cannibal Ox album on for the first time, excited to hear this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brilliant, Brilliant album. My AOTY so far.

Content wise it reminds me of early Mike Skinner. The sort of every day grind of normal life when you're in your early-mid 20's. Keeping your head above water, trying to hold a relationship together and keep the lights on in your shitty flat whilst looking the bright spots wherever you can.

Just stuck the Cannibal Ox album on for the first time, excited to hear this.

As an aside, I can highly recommend Mike Skinner's autobiography.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
It's only just over 9 weeks into 2015, and I've had a look and never found this album.
In English this time, although I personally prefer her earlier work in Quebecois.

Coeur De Pirate - Trauma

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
The Matthew E White new album as good as his last...

The 'everybody likes to talk shit' lyric reminds me of a few on this board....( not on this thread natch )

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank you both for Thee Oh Sees info. Am v keen to see them. Do they play a sleazy set live?

They are brilliant live. Best description I can give is energetic, manic and a little unhinged at times. And probably not a good idea to wear your best clothes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They are brilliant live. Best description I can give is energetic, manic and a little unhinged at times. And probably not a good idea to wear your best clothes.

Just the way I like it. Not so sure that I've got any 'best' clothes. You're prompting me to form a picture of you in yours. Perhaps tucking into one of those Amex 'gourmet' affairs that you occasionally bring to our attention.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
The new Steven Wilson album 'Hand. Cannot. Erase.' is a masterpiece. Get it if you like Pink Floyd, Marillion, Rush

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have listened three times now to the Belle And Sebastian album and should have realised from the dodgy cover photos it would be below standard- since when have they turned into Scissor Sisters? Is this the same lot that are responsible for gems such as The Boy With The Arab Strap and Judy Is A Dickslap.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Just the way I like it. Not so sure that I've got any 'best' clothes. You're prompting me to form a picture of you in yours. Perhaps tucking into one of those Amex 'gourmet' affairs that you occasionally bring to our attention.

They used to always come to Brighton but we haven't seen them since 2011, I think. Caught them at the show they did on the Sunday of Jabberwocky last year in Shoreditch with 200 other lucky people. Whilst I'm not as keen on them on record as I used to be, live they are still absolutely amazing. Get in that front row and jump around...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here