Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2015

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Looking forward to trying 'The Salt Room' at the Hilton Metropole once it's open in the next few months - http://restaurantsbrighton.co.uk/salt-room-brighton/

It's amazing how the previous establishment remained on that site for so long.

Bizarre they 'know little about' what they're going to be doing when they are spending tons by the look...if you said expensive steak & seafood you'd be about right & balcony has great potential
Horrible previous name 106 & place, can't have taken much dosh at all since the days of the Cannon opening decades back

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Crown & Anchor Shoreham, love their grub. But then again, I'm defo not a "foodie".

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Took the team to Bill's in Horsham for our Christmas Party, twas' very good and reasonable!

A couple of restaurants worthy of note:

The Town House, Arundel (Never disappoints)
La Campania, Arundel (Gaining a good reputation, great home cooked Italian food)
The Bay Tree, Arundel (Bistro, tight on elbow space, good food)
South Lodge (of course)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Bizarre they 'know little about' what they're going to be doing when they are spending tons by the look...if you said expensive steak & seafood you'd be about right & balcony has great potential
Horrible previous name 106 & place, can't have taken much dosh at all since the days of the Cannon opening decades back

Still question the use of the term "The Salt Room", as this now seems to be the biggest "NO" in food! Still, as you say, great spot and could be very good.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
A mention for " The Black Duck " at Warbleton.
Good food, good service, good surroundings, reasonable prices.

Oct 25, 2003
Crown & Anchor Shoreham, love their grub. But then again, I'm defo not a "foodie".

we're not overly blessed with fine eateries in shoreham but the crown & anchor is pretty reliable. Nice to eat outside in the summer as well

went to the indian cottage on the high street the other day and felt pretty rough the next day which was a shame

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going to Days tonight after the game, was outvoted by the rest of the family.

Do I not like that

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great special meal with good, old friends at GB1 at The Grand Hotel last night. GB1 is fish, seafood and more seafood, ranging from the modern (Lobster Burger, Scallop Sashimi) to the traditional (seafood platters, oysters with shallots, fish and chips). My friend went straight down the modern route, sashimi followed by playfully presented Lobster Burger. Both excellent apparently. I had a hot seafood platter, perfectly cooked and very, very fresh. How they found the samphire that went with it in winter I don't know, though it doesn't taste quite as good as summer samphire.

Service was excellent, informed, quick and discreet. The wine list is amazing, the only place I have seen a Gruner available in Brighton and Hove outside of Quaff.

Not cheap - not at all cheap - but excellent.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Seeing as you wonderful people all seem to be in the know, any recommendations for three people, under about £20 a head for the food? Needs to be in central Brighton or Hove.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seeing as you wonderful people all seem to be in the know, any recommendations for three people, under about £20 a head for the food? Needs to be in central Brighton or Hove.

Haven't been for a while but my personal recommendation would be Casa Don Carlos in The Lanes next the The Bath Arms. It's very good tapas and for £20 i think you should get to choose 3 - 4 dishes each. Good food and a friendly, tight packed atmosphere. Plus you might see Calde.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I am taking the missus to sylvan oak in findon for valentines. I've heard good things and read good reviews. Anyone been there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here