• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,413

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Of course, if you don't want spending cut to levels not seen since the 30s, if you don't want to party like its 1929 tonight, you know what to do in May.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/03/autumn-statement-2014-george-osborne-spending-cuts

Have a great year!

Thanks for the good wishes, and the same to you. I am not sure, however, if your exaggerated claim will make that much sense, and the gentleman in question will doubtless have sound economic policies as an alternative to spending cuts. Perhaps he will want to raise taxes, though won't say that until after the election, of course. Or perhaps just carry on spending regardless to court favour, and somehow hope he will be bailed out. It is for a reason that traditionally the public have less confidence in Labour over economic issues.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Thanks for the good wishes, and the same to you. I am not sure, however, if your exaggerated claim will make that much sense, and the gentleman in question will doubtless have sound economic policies as an alternative to spending cuts. Perhaps he will want to raise taxes, though won't say that until after the election, of course. Or perhaps just carry on spending regardless to court favour, and somehow hope he will be bailed out. It is for a reason that traditionally the public have less confidence in Labour over economic issues.
Here here.
They thought of THEM getting back in power sends a shiver down my back. They are like telling your spendthrift partner that we've got no money to spend then they just go out a max the credit card to the hilt.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Here here.
They thought of THEM getting back in power sends a shiver down my back. They are like telling your spendthrift partner that we've got no money to spend then they just go out a max the credit card to the hilt.

Sorry but that's no longer a feasible argument...have you seen the current deficit?

Also, don't forget that Osborne and Cameron fully supported Labours spending plans when they were in opposition.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Here here.

Couldn't have written it better. People have such short memories. This was the imbecilic party that started it in 1997 and was luckily taken away from the drivers seat five years ago.

There never has been and will never be a Labour government with prudent fiscal policies that stimulate growth coupling it with sensible public spending. They just don't have the brains to do it.

TNBA

TTF

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Sorry but that's no longer a feasible argument...have you seen the current deficit?

Also, don't forget that Osborne and Cameron fully supported Labours speding plans when they were in opposition.
You keep telling yourself that. That deficit you are going on about would be far worse than it is now if milliband and Co were in charge.
The thing that worries me is the people who are going to vote ukip will hand the the keys to downing street to them under a labour/Snp coalition. That really would be a nightmare scenario.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
so why would you want to inflict that political imbecile on us and the consequences that would follow, whilst you are safe living in another country?

Guten Morgen, der Herr T,

of course your views are as important as anyone else's if this is genuinely to be called a forum, and you have every entitlement to air your opinions. But you do rather ask for the comment above, as I am sure you were expecting. It is that shade provocative to tell everyone what they do or don't need, when you are not in the country and presumably will not have to live with the consequences, whatever they may be.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Also, don't forget that Osborne and Cameron fully supported Labours spending plans when they were in opposition.

Is this a throw-away line? It seems so unlikely. What are you referring to? Their actual spening or what they said they planned to do after the election. It is suspiciously vague.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just be thankful it's not 1930 in Germany...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Come May unlike some people I shall make the effort to go to my polling station and then spoil my paper most likely. I was going to draw a tree on it but know I,m swayed more towards a cat. What happens in the coming 4 months will make my mind up for sure.
Tree, cat or maybe something right out of the blue.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
emotive crap from economic illiterates. this is about spending as % of GDP, and the planned spending is same as early 00's not 1930's. so Labour's 2000-20010 spending policies where similar to the 1930's? leave that for the reader to decide.

GDP is vastly higher than then, both in real terms, as a nation and per capita. reducing spending 0.1% of GDP is not going to see a return to 1930s style poverty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here