Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton nth Longest Serving Manager in the English League

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
69 Lee Clark left Blackpool

68 John Gregory has left Crawley

John Gregory had already left as far as the list is concerned. Dean Saunders was serving as manager, so still 69th after Clark left (the Gregory/Saunders thing is brought up in various posts from post 22).

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For the 'where will he be at the end of the season' predictions: what are we taking as the end of the season?

Our last game = 70th

Or is it the after the final championship game (i.e. the championship play off final 28th May)? Of after the last English game of the season (FA cup final 30th May)? After the last game of the season that an English team could have played (Champions league final June 6th)?

There could be a few more managers go before the summer gets going, so could make a big difference.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
64 - Allardyce gone from West Ham.

Has he actually gone yet? The statement I read said West Ham wouldn't be renewing his contract, which expires at the end of the month (like Graham Westley at Stevenage). A technicality, sure, but could be important if another manager is actually fired between now and the end of the month.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has he actually gone yet? The statement I read said West Ham wouldn't be renewing his contract, which expires at the end of the month (like Graham Westley at Stevenage). A technicality, sure, but could be important if another manager is actually fired between now and the end of the month.

I'll leave this thread to the experts!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Is that not like a normal worker being given notice and working it?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Because of the wording of West Ham's statement. I am making the decision to leave him as manager until midnight May 31st.

With Nigel Clough being sacked by Sheffield United, that would make Hughton 64th now.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Because of the wording of West Ham's statement. I am making the decision to leave him as manager until midnight May 31st.

With Nigel Clough being sacked by Sheffield United, that would make Hughton 64th now.

If we are including managers still being paid by a club, we'll need to add about 4 managers on for Leeds!

Wiki is showing the west ham job as vacant, for the sake of 5 days we may as well say big Sam is gone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here