Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton nth Longest Serving Manager in the English League

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is there an actual list somewhere?

There's one on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers but it is compiled by whoever feels like updating it whenever there is a change, so there are some inconsistencies, especially around this time of year where some update with the date of the official announcement (even when that announcement says the person isn't starting until a later date), some change it with the first rumour of a change, and others wait until the manager starts in the role.

There used to be a list on the LMA website, but that now appears to be in alphabetical order.

I keep my own list where I try to keep the date to when they officially start and have posted updates throughout the thread, but as it is so rapidly changing, the latest one is already out of date.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Will LVG retire or go to another club, personally I would take the pay off and go back to Holland and call it a day to spend the time with my family.

All depends if he's earned enough cash to replace the millions he lost to Bernie Madoff.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
this !! Bernie had a few football cash related money .. only now just coming out

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like Karl Robinson is off to Leeds imminently, so Chris will move up another place.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Looks like Karl Robinson is off to Leeds imminently, so Chris will move up another place.

Sky now reporting he's turned Leeds down, believe he was told they didn't have any money for new training kit for him and he'd have to wear Steve Evans cast offs, and a fat suit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sky now reporting he's turned Leeds down, believe he was told they didn't have any money for new training kit for him and he'd have to wear Steve Evans cast offs, and a fat suit.

Have you seen either men recently???

I'm pretty sure Karl, wouldn't need any padding to fit until Steve's kit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What's Nathan up to now? Top 70 yet? He's only been in the job just over four months!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It can't be long before he's off now though, after talking to Leeds.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Still no confirmation. There was supposed to be a statement from Man Utd at 1pm, still nothing,
Oh yeah! How bizarre...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I wonder if there's a different table somewhere to show the duration of continuous employment for managers rather than the time with their current club.

It would make no difference for CH as he was umemployed when we appointed him but with people like Gary Rowett & Lee Johnson moving from one job directly to another there would be some reshuffling in the overall chart...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Van Gaal now officially official.

Slade has been replaced by Paul Trollope. Rob Page has moved to Northampton.

Chris is now at 32, Nathan Jones is at 66. But that will change when the following end of season changes go through:

Watford - Flores is officially in charge until the end of the season, Mazzari takes over July 1st
Man City - Pellegrini in charge until the end of the season, Pep starting in July
(last season all these end of season changes were announced as occurring 1st May, this year it seems to be 1st July - that is typically the official end of the season, in line with playing contracts)

Nathan will also move up when Dagenham and Redbridge and York are moved down to the conference, but Chris will be unaffected by them.

Cheltenham joining the league will move Jones back down one spot, but won't affect Hughton.
Grimsby joining the league will push Hughton and Jones (and all managers bar the top three) down a spot.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here