Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton in!

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
It's just my opinion.. I don't rate Hughton he does not inspire me at all, I would be the same if we were linked to Mick Mcarthy and he's currently doing a great job at Ipswich.

Hughton has said he wouldn't mind either BHA or WBA which doesn't exactly show any feeling towards our great Club.
He appears to have the passion of a dead fish and makes Sami look over excited.
So, that's a NO from me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My joy of last nights result is going to be dashed by our new appointment I am sure.
Bozza already has his article written I would imagine

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hughton has said he wouldn't mind either BHA or WBA which doesn't exactly show any feeling towards our great Club.
He appears to have the passion of a dead fish and makes Sami look over excited.
So, that's a NO from me.

OR... he's keeping his options open until the ink's dry on his shiny new contract, which is sensible.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
OR... he's keeping his options open until the ink's dry on his shiny new contract, which is sensible.

Far to sensible for NSC

albionite

May 20, 2009
Still got my fingers crossed for Hoddle or Pulis.

Not sure about Hughton the idea of him as manager doesn't feel me with excitement, but if he gets it I'll support the choice and hope they have got it right this time.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
He was promoted once so not sure what you mean by every time?

After his promotion he was 11th in the Premier League with Newcastle and sacked. 11th with a newly promoted team is not 'mediocrity'.

"Before the match against Liverpool, on 11 December, campaigners from United For Newcastle organised a protest outside St James' Park as an opportunity for supporters to thank Hughton and to show their anger towards Ashley's decision."

Doesn't seem like Newcastle fans were glad to see the back of him.

Any other key facts you fancy getting wrong?

well fair cop, he only got promoted once, i got that wrong, but that actually makes it worse in his case

and actually, getting 11th place with NEWCASTLE in your 'first season back in the premiership' isnt actually that good an achievement

considering you can only draw from his time at newcastle it seems like youre clutching at straws here

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think TB and PB need to act quickly because come the FA Cup over the weekend and possible upsets next Sunday or Monday could be interesting.

Reading PB statement on sky did TB fly back to Oz then back here again or was he here from Chrustmas Eve.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Looking at his wiki page he has left every club he has managed in a better position than they started. I think he will do ok and we will be challenging next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here